POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Feb 7, 2012, 1:29pm   #136
angelfly39's Avatar
Member
Hi! Have anyone used it on Louis Vuitton's vachetta?
Feb 7, 2012, 4:17pm   #137
Younna's Avatar
Member
I just treated my new Gris Poivre City with Leather Honey. It already looks great! My goal was to smooth the leather that was a bit dry and reduce the "marbling". And it did exactly that, the colour is much more saturated now. I'm curious to see how it looks like tomorrow!
Btw thanks for all the great tips here. I didn't apply the product to the handles and used a makeup sponge. The make-up sponge fell apart in the process though. ;-)
Feb 7, 2012, 5:23pm   #138
REREsaurus's Avatar
Leather brrraaiined.
Originally Posted by LoveHandbags!
Hi dear RERE! I have a gorgeous Tempete Day that I completely adore, the leather is one big puddle of wrinkly goodness. There is an area towards the top that looks very dry (it was that way when I purchased it) it has never bothered me because they bag is so squishy that you never see that when it is next to me, and not even when worn. BUT, I thought Tempete baby may be thirsty...... and need a little honey...... so I bought some. I am still freaked out about using it anything though, LOL and will probably try it on something else first.

I am keen on trying to apply with just my fingertip though, because I feel like I could really control the amount of honey this way, so thanks to HRHsunshine for that suggestion! (I always wonder what the HRH stand for........I myself always say 'Her Royal Highness Sunshine' in my head, LOL)

Cheers all! And I will be sure to do some before and after shots if I muster up the courage to apply!

p.s. I haven't had time to be here for a while ----------- are the fonts different or do I just need more of my morning Earl Grey tea??????
So that is what HRH stands for? I was ALWAYS curious too, and was just about to ask but you, lovehandbags! beat me to the punch.

Apply it with your hands, that is the preferred method of applying LH. It feels just like honey and I'm afraid that if you use a sponge or a brush that you won't get a good idea of how the treatment is "sinking in." Hands all the way.

Oh and don't be scurred. Just remember that a little goes a long way. So start with just a tiny bit in the palm of your hand first. About the size of a dime.
Feb 10, 2012, 1:35pm   #139
lisahopkins's Avatar
Member
Just ordered some of this, fingers crossed it helps my new ink day a little, and extends it's life. Will post before and after shots.
Feb 10, 2012, 9:17pm   #140
REREsaurus's Avatar
Leather brrraaiined.
Originally Posted by angelfly39
Hi! Have anyone used it on Louis Vuitton's vachetta?
Why would you want to use this on LV vachetta? It would darken it by a whole lot, don't people usually want the vachetta to stay lighter?
Feb 10, 2012, 9:18pm   #141
REREsaurus's Avatar
Leather brrraaiined.
Originally Posted by Younna
I just treated my new Gris Poivre City with Leather Honey. It already looks great! My goal was to smooth the leather that was a bit dry and reduce the "marbling". And it did exactly that, the colour is much more saturated now. I'm curious to see how it looks like tomorrow!
Btw thanks for all the great tips here. I didn't apply the product to the handles and used a makeup sponge. The make-up sponge fell apart in the process though. ;-)
Would love to see some pics!
Feb 11, 2012, 7:21am   #142
angelfly39's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by REREsaurus
Why would you want to use this on LV vachetta? It would darken it by a whole lot, don't people usually want the vachetta to stay lighter?
We do like a little tan on the vachetta!
I put some on my brand new bag with very light vachetta yesterday. It looked darken at the beginning. After a several hours it became light again; but of course i can see a very slight darker than when i first got! Love it! Now i feel safe using it cuz i dont want to get watermarks on it.
Feb 11, 2012, 11:37am   #143
REREsaurus's Avatar
Leather brrraaiined.
Originally Posted by angelfly39
We do like a little tan on the vachetta!
I put some on my brand new bag with very light vachetta yesterday. It looked darken at the beginning. After a several hours it became light again; but of course i can see a very slight darker than when i first got! Love it! Now i feel safe using it cuz i dont want to get watermarks on it.
Ah, I see! Makes sense since the brand new virgin vachetta would probably stain easily. When I was into LV, I remember some girls had said that they used baby oil on the vachetta to do the same thing. Have you tried that?
Feb 11, 2012, 3:19pm   #144
roey's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by angelfly39
We do like a little tan on the vachetta!
I put some on my brand new bag with very light vachetta yesterday. It looked darken at the beginning. After a several hours it became light again; but of course i can see a very slight darker than when i first got! Love it! Now i feel safe using it cuz i dont want to get watermarks on it.
From what I'm reading, I don't think LH protects against watermarks but is used only for conditioning/moisturizing purposes. At least that's the purpose on this thread...
Feb 12, 2012, 8:21am   #145
angelfly39's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by REREsaurus
Ah, I see! Makes sense since the brand new virgin vachetta would probably stain easily. When I was into LV, I remember some girls had said that they used baby oil on the vachetta to do the same thing. Have you tried that?
No... I've never tried baby oil! I would think that it would stain the vachetta badly instead! Applegard & Wilson leather protector are the ones I also used. After reading about LH, I wanted to use it on both of my Bals & LVs. One bottle for everything!
Feb 12, 2012, 8:23am   #146
angelfly39's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by roey
From what I'm reading, I don't think LH protects against watermarks but is used only for conditioning/moisturizing purposes. At least that's the purpose on this thread...
I hope LH would help prevent watermarks because it does say WATER REPELLENT on the bottle like other leather protectant bottle i've used. We'll see!
Feb 21, 2012, 2:55am   #147
lesbelleschoses's Avatar
Member
I'm sooooo happy I came across this thread! I just recently purchased a Castagna Work, and the leather is crazy papery dry, especially the bottom panel. I was so disappointed when i receive the bag, but after reading everyone's posts I feel there's hope now! I just ordered LH from Amazon and will share some before/after photos with all you wonderful people later! BIG THANK YOU's to all of you!!!
Feb 21, 2012, 4:57am   #148
mere girl's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by lesbelleschoses
I'm sooooo happy I came across this thread! I just recently purchased a Castagna Work, and the leather is crazy papery dry, especially the bottom panel. I was so disappointed when i receive the bag, but after reading everyone's posts I feel there's hope now! I just ordered LH from Amazon and will share some before/after photos with all you wonderful people later! BIG THANK YOU's to all of you!!!
Hi - I've just seen your other post re my castagna...I no longer have the bag, but I was going to recommend Leather Honey - that should do the trick, good luck and congrats on your new bag!
Feb 22, 2012, 11:13am   #149
Younna's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by REREsaurus
Would love to see some pics!
Sorry to reply so late on this!
I don't really have any good before&after pictures so these two are both after pictures.
The leather looks a lot "juicier" and more saturated than before.
Attached Images
  
Feb 22, 2012, 2:53pm   #150
LoveHandbags!'s Avatar
~adore~
Originally Posted by Younna
Sorry to reply so late on this!
I don't really have any good before&after pictures so these two are both after pictures.
The leather looks a lot "juicier" and more saturated than before.
Your bag looks gorgeous Younna!! Really lovely!

Hi everyone I just tried my Honey on part of a tassel (LOL, I know, I am a total wuss! But I have had bad experiences with other products before so I am VERY cautious!) I will post back with a full tassel report later, ha!

Originally Posted by REREsaurus
So that is what HRH stands for? I was ALWAYS curious too, and was just about to ask but you, lovehandbags! beat me to the punch.

Apply it with your hands, that is the preferred method of applying LH. It feels just like honey and I'm afraid that if you use a sponge or a brush that you won't get a good idea of how the treatment is "sinking in." Hands all the way.

Oh and don't be scurred. Just remember that a little goes a long way. So start with just a tiny bit in the palm of your hand first. About the size of a dime.
Hi ReRe! Sounds good! Thanks so much!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Balenciaga Balenciaga Reference Library Balenciaga Care and Maintenance  
TOP

Thread Tools