Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Dubai duty free airport

POST A REPLY

Jan 16, 2009, 9:38am   #1
d
dreamss
Hi Ladies,
From Milan to Bangkok i'll made a stop at Dubai International airport.
I've read that the duty free is incredible .
Do you suggest to me what is very convenient to buy?
For example cosmetic or bags or accessories?
What do you have buy in this duty free?
Thank you!
Jan 16, 2009, 9:51am   #2
chanelbaby
I travel through there every 2-3 months, you are going to be so underwhelmed, its just like any other Duty Free, nothing special just very clean and modern looking.
Jan 16, 2009, 11:55am   #3
NY_fashionista
Shopping Sherpa
I have to agree with Chanelbaby, I was not impressed with Dubai duty free. It's enormous, but it's mainly a lot of the same things you find at duty free everywhere. There was a large gold section, but the prices were nothing special - they had some jewelry from an Italian brand called Unoaerre and the Dubai prices were higher than what I've seen in Italy. Otherwise, you'll find lots of the usual cosmetics and food you see everywhere, plus some middle eastern specialties like dates and pistachios. Compared to the duty free at Rome airport, which has Gucci, Prada, Hermes, etc., I found Dubai duty free to be disappointing.
Jan 17, 2009, 10:02am   #4
d
dreamss
Thank you!
I've read that the new terminal 3(Emirates exclusive)has more shops(Chanel, Christian Dior, Giorgio Armani, Calvin Klein, Gucci, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren and Hermès).
I hope it is true!
Jan 18, 2009, 3:59pm   #5
noon
*Sun in my eyes*
I havent flown through terminal 3 (its still quite new - opened in oct) but I have heard it is supposed to be quite good for shopping.
Jan 19, 2009, 2:29pm   #6
Cece31
I was not impressed with Dubai duty free shop, it was pretty disappointing, actually... (I haven't travel through T3, though).

On the other hand, Bangkok is really good, you have Celine (very cheap), Hermes & al... Enjoy, if you happen to be during the sales, prepare to shop till you drop!!!
Jan 20, 2009, 4:13am   #7
luciabugia
Carrie, you home?
Since I live in Dubai, I know for fact that things in Dubai are a lot more expensive than everywhere else..if you want to buy designer bags, they are more expensive than in Europe and how much less can you get in duty free? Not much and still a lot cheaper in Europe. I dont shop in Dubai (unless they are everyday clothes). T3 is just another terminal on steroid, that's all..
Jan 20, 2009, 6:46am   #8
d
dreamss
Originally Posted by Cece31

On the other hand, Bangkok is really good, you have Celine (very cheap), Hermes & al... Enjoy, if you happen to be during the sales, prepare to shop till you drop!!!
Thank you!!Do you mean bangkok city or bangkok duty free?
Jan 20, 2009, 4:21pm   #9
Cece31
Originally Posted by dreamss
Thank you!!Do you mean bangkok city or bangkok duty free?

Bangkok is cheaper than Europe, in general, but I was referring to the duty free at the airport... it's heaven!!
Jan 21, 2009, 5:18am   #10
d
dreamss
Jan 21, 2009, 3:44pm   #11
Cece31
Thought you were going to like it LOL
Mar 21, 2009, 9:44am   #12
d
dreamss
Now i can say that Bangkok duty free is better tan dubai duty free!
Mar 21, 2009, 9:24pm   #13
[coco]
LVoe
I have to say I LOVED shopping in Dubai duty free. I bought mostly gold, makeup, perfume and watches.

I saved a HUGE amount of money on dior and chanel makeup (probably spent near $1500au and saved $800 or so). Their watches are also quite cheap - but not a huge range.

I left with two duty free bags filled to the brim with makeup and perfume (not all for me!) and another of a few other things (watches, earrings, rings etc). I loved it.
Mar 27, 2009, 4:22am   #14
Aminamina
George CortinaAah
Originally Posted by luciabugia
Since I live in Dubai, I know for fact that things in Dubai are a lot more expensive than everywhere else..if you want to buy designer bags, they are more expensive than in Europe and how much less can you get in duty free? Not much and still a lot cheaper in Europe. I dont shop in Dubai (unless they are everyday clothes). T3 is just another terminal on steroid, that's all..
ITA. Every word is true.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >