Home The Playground Books & Music

Song Lyrics as a Tattoo.

POST A REPLY

Apr 6, 2006, 3:32pm   #1
So, lately I've been thinking I'd like another tattoo. I already on one, a dove on my hip, but I feel like a new one. :) The end of this semester will conclude a pretty much life-changing year in my life, and I'd really like to commemorate that with something.

I'd like to get a meaningful song lyric, like a one liner, in a discreet location! I'm still sorting through some song ideas, but I'm pretty sure about the overall concept.
So, for a fun question- if any of you ladies were to get a song lyric tattood on your body- what would it be? :)

purely hypothetical for you guys, of course!

I'll post some of my ideas later when I've compiled a better assortment, just thought this was a fun, light-hearted topic!
Apr 6, 2006, 3:45pm   #2
Bonjour!
I would *never* do it because I'm a pretty conservative gal (and a pain-wimp) but I admire people who will because it's a big commitment! I think I'd just get "Killer Queen," the title of Queen's song somewhere... not sure where.

The lyrics are awesome.
Apr 6, 2006, 3:52pm   #3
It's not a song lyric, but how about 'Truly, Madly, Deeply, Tori"?? I hear that's popular...

Barf...
Apr 6, 2006, 3:53pm   #4
:) I'm a big wimp too, actually. My first one took only 10 minutes, and it was sooo painful!

I'm not the most conservative little person ( I've had a lip piercing before!) but I still don't want an obvious tattoo- I'm thinking really lower on the back of my left hip.

The Lyrics I'm most considering is:

"Can you still feel the butterflies?" from Jimmy Eat World, "For me this is heaven." They're pretty much my favorite band in the world, and thats been one of my favorite songs forever. :) I love that particular lyric, because I tend to let myself get too comfortable with situations, both general and romantic. You should never lose the butterflies in life. :) It would be my second music themed tattoo! ( my first was a dove logo from the band thursday!)

http://glazba.monitor.hr/recenzije/0...e/thursday.jpg

but is in a natural, henna color. :)

stiiiiilllll, its a huge committment, so I'm still looking for more.

PS. Intlset, that's an AWESOME song choice. I just read the lyrics. :)
Apr 6, 2006, 4:11pm   #5
latest obsession :
i'm a huge cure fan, and probably a goth girl at heart. my lyrics would be. "too many secrets too many lies, writhing with hatred."

or

"the same image haunts me,
in sequence
in despair of time"

too morbid though. god i love the song.
Apr 6, 2006, 4:21pm   #6
Originally Posted by Dani
"Can you still feel the butterflies?" from Jimmy Eat World
I love that particular lyric, because I tend to let myself get too comfortable with situations, both general and romantic. You should never lose the butterflies in life. :)
I think this would a good choice. Maybe with a couple of tiny butterflies next to it? I have a picture in my head of what it could look like, but I can't seem to put it in words.
Apr 6, 2006, 4:23pm   #7
Originally Posted by fayden
i'm a huge cure fan, and probably a goth girl at heart. my lyrics would be. "too many secrets too many lies, writhing with hatred."

or

"the same image haunts me,
in sequence
in despair of time"

too morbid though. god i love the song.
very nice. :)

I considered getting something from the band Cursive- but everything from the songs I love ( lament of pretty baby, a gentlemen caller) were so dark, I wasn't sure if I wanted them to be in my skin forever!

PS.

LauraLee, that's a cute idea! I thought about doing that, actually! :)
Apr 6, 2006, 5:00pm   #8
For Me This Is Heaven is my favorite Jimmy Eat World song! I think it's a great choice! :) I've thought about getting song lyrics as a tatoo but I'm so indecisive I wouldn't know which one to get.. I would probably go with Saves the Day lyrics, but theres just so many good ones! Good luck!
Apr 6, 2006, 6:49pm   #9
I love Jimmy Eat World! One of my favorite songs is "The Middle"

I have a couple of lyrics in mind, if I ever decided to do that.

One is by Alkaline Trio "Everything that you could never say, would never matter anyway. I took a hammer and two nails to my eardrums long ago" - It's from the song Mr. Chainsaw.

The second one is by Hot Water Music "Hey world I'm ready to listen and learn something new, I'm here and I'm willing to get myself through" - From the song Rooftops. Kinda silly, but I listen to that song when I'm feeling down and sing really loud
Apr 6, 2006, 6:52pm   #10
Originally Posted by meegs223
For Me This Is Heaven is my favorite Jimmy Eat World song! I think it's a great choice! :) I've thought about getting song lyrics as a tatoo but I'm so indecisive I wouldn't know which one to get.. I would probably go with Saves the Day lyrics, but theres just so many good ones! Good luck!
omg! STD is one of my other top options!

I want a line from "This is not an exit"

either:

"don't bother with the things left in your wake."

or

"
and as the curtain falls, just know you did it all"

oooh, there are too many good ones!

Cristina! both of those lyrics would be adorrrrable. I almost got the alk3 skull heart as my first tat, but thursday won out in the end.
Apr 6, 2006, 6:57pm   #11
easily amused

"

i like this one best so far!
Apr 6, 2006, 7:12pm   #12
Originally Posted by ilzabet
i like this one best so far!
hmmm, really?

This is the whole song:

"This Is Not An Exit"

Tonight will be the night that we begin to ease the plugs out of the dam.
And we still stand knee deep in the flow,
the undertow will grab our heels and won't let go.
And while we hold, our legs quivering,
the water rises now to our teeth when we just let go
and sail belly up to the clouds, the rocks scraping our backs.
To breathe in the air will be the only thing that we have
and all the wasted nights and empty moments in our lives
are flushed away as we sway with the rhythm of the waves bobbing us up.
Crests fall to troughs as we feel our gills open up
and sail belly up to the clouds, the rocks scraping our backs.
To breathe in the air will be the only thing that we have.
And if the hook set in the bottom of our lungs,
we'll rip it out and lick the blood off with our tongues.

Despair could ravage you if you turn your head around
to look down the path that's lead you here, cause what can you change?
You're a vessel now floating down the waterways.
You can take your rudder and aim your ship,
just don't bother with the things left in your wake.
Just sail belly up to the clouds, the rocks scraping your back.
To breathe in the air will be the only thing that you have
and your love will be warm nights with pockets of moonlight
spotlighting you as you drift, the actor in this play.
And you walk across the stage, take a bow, hear the applause,
and as the curtain falls, just know you did it all
the best that you knew how and you can hear them cheering now.
So let a smile out and show your teeth cause you know you lived it well.

:) Iloveit.
Apr 6, 2006, 7:17pm   #13
omg! STD is one of my other top options!

I want a line from "This is not an exit"

either:

"don't bother with the things left in your wake."

or

"

oooh, there are too many good ones!

Cristina! both of those lyrics would be adorrrrable. I almost got the alk3 skull heart as my first tat, but thursday won out in the end.
I AM SEEING ALKALINE ON SUNDAY! Please excuse the all caps, but I'm too excited! We're seeing them at the House of Blues at Downtown Disney, it will be my fourth time seeing them live Rumor has it they are supposed to play almost all old songs for their entire set!

The <3 tattoo would have been cool The bf wants the Strike Anywhere logo, he's thinking about getting it done tomorrow.

I love STD, too! Nightingale is one of my favorite songs
Apr 6, 2006, 8:18pm   #14
The Bargain Hunter
Yeah Cristina!!! Nightingale and Third Engine is what I call "our song" for me and BF. His favorite line is "I'll have to walk a thousand miles just to find the ground deserving of your feet"

I have all the mp3s to their new album!!! It's not even out yet I think! BF sent them to me last night!!! Way better than In Reverie I think!
Apr 8, 2006, 12:13pm   #15
Originally Posted by Cristina
I AM SEEING ALKALINE ON SUNDAY! Please excuse the all caps, but I'm too excited! We're seeing them at the House of Blues at Downtown Disney, it will be my fourth time seeing them live Rumor has it they are supposed to play almost all old songs for their entire set!

The <3 tattoo would have been cool The bf wants the Strike Anywhere logo, he's thinking about getting it done tomorrow.

I love STD, too! Nightingale is one of my favorite songs

ooooooooo, yay!

I'm so excited for you!!!! Try not to jump on matt skiba

oh, I thought of a few more lyrics! lol.

"I will never cease to fly when held down"

or

"I will always reach too high."

both from vanessa carlton "twilight"

:)
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Books & Music