Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

July edition of InStyle magazine

POST A REPLY

Jul 11, 2009, 4:27am   #1
b
baybepat
I dont know if you ladies have seen the new july edition of In style magazine but I was looking at it today and there was a page on the new coach line. Hopefully its not been posted yet..

Sorry for bad quality it was taken with my crappy iPhone

The bag in the picture is a leather bag with beads for 248 available in oct

It also says did u know that every 1$ of 4$ spent on handbags and accessories in the USA is spent on coach products?
Attached Images

Jul 11, 2009, 7:11am   #2
T-Girl
Ahhhh...I'm falling!
Ha ha, it's that bag that one tPFer (sorry, too lazy to look up exact thread/comment) called 'broken Mardi Gra beads' glued on the bag. It sure doesn't do anything for me except it gives me that regurgitating reaction.

Krakoff states: "It seemed like the right time to do playful, edgy pieces that are versatile and more affordable. Poppy has a preppy vibe, but with a kind of punky sensibility that comes through in the details. We mixed sequins and patent touches with Pop Art-inspired prints, for example. And there's quirky hardware and retro shapes for bags and jewelry."

Sorry, this is not the same Coach I fell in love with.
Last edited Jul 11, 2009 at 7:23am.
Jul 11, 2009, 9:01am   #3
BelWah Bag Lady
I think that bag looks like something you could get for $5 at Claire's
Jul 11, 2009, 9:13am   #4
vtfroggie
>.<
Originally Posted by BelWah Bag Lady

I completely agree with you!
Jul 11, 2009, 9:25am   #5
c
coachfuchsia
Sorry, this is not the same Coach I fell in love with. [/QUOTE]

I second that.
Jul 11, 2009, 9:28am   #6
QueenLouis
I am not a bling kind of girl. NOT for me.
Jul 11, 2009, 9:31am   #7
toby11
That bag doesn't do it for me, either. It looks like something my 5-year-old might make if given the materials and a bunch of glue. At least Coach is putting out bags in much more classic styles like Clover and Maggie.
Jul 11, 2009, 10:17am   #8
fluffy614
Originally Posted by BelWah Bag Lady

Jul 11, 2009, 11:06am   #9
Northergirl
I thought the same thing too when I was flipping through the magazine......the most freaking ugliest bag I have ever seen looks like a 5 yr old made it. But, all Coach needs is a movie star to carry down the red carpet then everyone will want one.
Jul 11, 2009, 12:38pm   #10
brahh
LV LOVER!!!
I saw that too and couldn't believe it! And InStyle gave it a center stage photo!!! I guess they feel SOMEONE will like it!
Jul 11, 2009, 12:47pm   #11
biggestbaglover
That bag is absolutely hideous. It reminds of one of those runway pieces that may look decent there but do not translate to real life. Where could I ever carry this?
Jul 11, 2009, 12:53pm   #12
BagsAreMyBabies
Yep, have this issue and saw the article, but I have to say that I love the blazer. I could do some fun things with that...
Jul 11, 2009, 4:02pm   #13
b
baybepat
I just dont understand why it is made of leather when u cant see it at all with all those bead chains..
I didn't think it was coach at first I had to flip back and read the article.
Jul 11, 2009, 4:07pm   #14
l
louislover260
Account Deactivated
You all are NUTS!!!!!!! that chain bag is AMAZING!!! Best thing Coach has made in at least a year! It remind me of the Prada bag Carrie wore in season 6 with Berger... remember? it had like long black strands hanging off it, and she wore it on a motorcycle to see the opening of Smith Jarrods play? and after words, she and Berger split?

lol I got off topic, but that bag is AWESOME!
Jul 11, 2009, 4:09pm   #15
Brooke11
polisher
wow, $1 out of every $4 spent on handbags is Coach?? That's a lot of money!! so that means Coach dominates 25% of the handbag market?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >