POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Feb 17, 2013, 12:55pm   #1
bag-princess's Avatar
Thread Starter
Spoiled Princess
i own several valerie's - my favorite dooney design!! - and i have NEVER seen a zebra striped one!!! and to make it even worse - this tacky fake has a dooney button on the front. it is supposed to be something totally different! i reported it so i am going to see how long it stays up!


the rest of the pics are here - look at the leash inside the bag!


http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-And-B...-/261170859332
Attached Images
 
Feb 17, 2013, 1:14pm   #2
MiaBorsa's Avatar
FOS Reject
Sorry, but I don't think that bag is a fake. That's the "new" type of key leash. They stopped using leather and put that tacky nylon thing in the new bags.

ETA--it's available on QVC. http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.A2284...BV1&tpl=detail
Feb 17, 2013, 1:16pm   #3
YorkieLove75's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by bag-princess
i own several valerie's - my favorite dooney design!! - and i have NEVER seen a zebra striped one!!! and to make it even worse - this tacky fake has a dooney button on the front. it is supposed to be something totally different! i reported it so i am going to see how long it stays up!


the rest of the pics are here - look at the leash inside the bag!


http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-And-B...-/261170859332
I'm not totally sure if it's fake or not but it looks identical to the zebra shopper on QVC. They might just have the name of the bag wrong. The leash in my new bag(bought at Macy's) is the same. But what do I know.
Feb 17, 2013, 1:17pm   #4
bag-princess's Avatar
Thread Starter
Spoiled Princess
Originally Posted by MiaBorsa
Sorry, but I don't think that bag is a fake. That's the "new" type of key leash. They stopped using leather and put that tacky nylon thing in the new bags.

i have never seen a valerie bag has a leather dooney patch on the front. it is always the duck. and unless they have brought back a discontinued style with a new look - this is fake.
Feb 17, 2013, 1:19pm   #5
YorkieLove75's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by bag-princess
i have never seen a valerie bag has a leather dooney patch on the front. it is always the duck. and unless they have brought back a discontinued style with a new look - this is fake.
It's not a Valerie. Go look on QVC. It's called a canvas zebra print shopper.
Feb 17, 2013, 1:23pm   #6
bag-princess's Avatar
Thread Starter
Spoiled Princess
Originally Posted by YorkieLove75
It's not a Valerie. Go look on QVC.


i stand corrected. thank you yorkielove.
Feb 17, 2013, 3:22pm   #7
RebeccaJ's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by bag-princess
i own several valerie's - my favorite dooney design!! - and i have NEVER seen a zebra striped one!!! and to make it even worse - this tacky fake has a dooney button on the front. it is supposed to be something totally different! i reported it so i am going to see how long it stays up!


the rest of the pics are here - look at the leash inside the bag!


http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-And-B...-/261170859332
Dang I thought QVC sent me a fake. He he. It is at the outlet too.
Feb 17, 2013, 5:00pm   #8
bag-princess's Avatar
Thread Starter
Spoiled Princess
Originally Posted by RebeccaJ
Dang I thought QVC sent me a fake. He he. It is at the outlet too.



so sorry rebecca! it was supposed to read - "IS this so fake" but i was doing something else as i posted and that is the end result. it came out as a statement instead of a question!!!

so sorry ladies!!
Feb 17, 2013, 8:44pm   #9
YorkieLove75's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by bag-princess



so sorry rebecca! it was supposed to read - "IS this so fake" but i was doing something else as i posted and that is the end result. it came out as a statement instead of a question!!!

so sorry ladies!!
Well, with eBay, you never know.
Feb 18, 2013, 9:40am   #10
MaryBel's Avatar
Member
I think this is the one from QVC. You can see it even has the key fob (which you get with a lot of Dooney bags at QVC). It's listed correctly because that's the name of that shape. QVC sometimes calls them something different, usually a pretty generic name.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Dooney & Bourke  
TOP

Thread Tools