Home > >

Have you ever had creepy people knock on your door in the middle of the night?

POST A REPLY

Jun 11, 2008, 11:19am   #91
MJDaisy
OMFG.
lostnexposed, that is creepy!! how long ago was that??? i wonder if they were just coming to your house for an excuse to talk to you?

also, something that creeps me out (this is kind of off topic) is that i have HEARD that burglars will go through open houses of houses for sale just so they can get a feel for the home. then they come back later and steal everything! one time i was sleeping at a friend's house and during the day a random couple came to her home and said they had seen that it was for sale in the paper. well it WASN'T for sale, and it WASN'T in the paper! so the couple obviously just wanted to look around the house. my friend's mother was kind of vain and kept their home in tip top condition, so she was happy to let this random couple in and give them a tour...later that night i slept over at my friend's and she told me the story. we creeped ourselves out into thinking the couple was going to come in the night and break in! of course they didn't....but it still creeps me out!
Jun 11, 2008, 12:09pm   #92
j
jan228
Account Deactivated
This whole thread freaks me out. It's why I never want to live in a secluded house. >_<

Once, when I was living in a single dorm room with no suitemate except for the girls on the other side of the bathroom, someone started BANGING on my door at like 2am. Of course there's no way in hell I'm answering in the middle of the night. They keep it up for like 10 minutes before stopping. Then at around 3am, it starts again! They keep banging on the outside door and I was never so happy to have 2 doors between me and the hallway. Needless to say, I didn't get very much sleep that night.

It turns out it was the autistic kid who lived next door. He was looking for my suitemate who had moved out WEEKS ago. UGH. Not the first stupid stunt he pulled. It was completely inappropriate for him to be living in the dorms in the first place.
Jun 11, 2008, 12:32pm   #93
lovinalotofbags
In for the long haul
Originally Posted by anglarry04
Yeah so i can not sleep.......but i just thought of two more things to tell ya....

1. When i first joined the AF i got preg and lived in base housing (of all places)..my mom came to stay and help with my son. then in july my bro, his wife and baby came to stay and get their own place. Well in early Aug my mom flew to see my dad in Vegas. I worked swings at the time (3pm to 11pm), so in the am i would go downtown to the gym and do aerobics, they had a daycare there. So as i am coming home one day at 11 am mind you my street is a U shape. I lived in the bottom part, middle of the street. So i was coming around the road to my house and i see a white hatchback with its back/trunk up in my driveway.....i do not know anyone with that car. So i parked on the street and start walking up, as i do this black guy starts rush walking out of my house to his car....i am like who the hell are you what are you doing???? but he mumbled something and left. It happened soo fast that i didnt get a license plate. so i get my son and go into the house, my brother and sis in law are sleeping in my moms room asleep. I ask my bro who that guy was and he didnt know. So i just blow it off and start doing my thing and getting ready. At the time I was really good friends with one of my head supervisors, Sgt Hunter. I tell her about the little incident. She is freaking out, saying i need to call the base cops and do a report. I decide to wait till i head to work later on. That eve i went and filed a report and forgot about it.
The next morning, two people are knocking at my door from OSI(military's version of the FBI) to ask about the incident. I tell them what happened and they have me drive around with them to look for that car. We see it, but not the driver. AFter this a few weeks go by, around early Sept I get a call to come to the cop shop to do a line up and identify the guy. Then i think i am done......So by Nov my mom gets a house down in town, between town and base is a good 10 miles, long stretch of hwy, dark no lights. By Nov I am on mids working 11pm to 7 am. So i would hang out with my mom, son and bro and sis and niece till about 9 then go home and get ready for work. One night i am driving to base at 10pm and all of a sudden a white car drives next to me, i am in the far right lane, the driver is yelling at me acting crazy and following me to base. I really wasnt paying attention to the car itself till i get near base where theres light....when i do really look i realize its THE SAME GUY and CAR! All i could think of was get my *** on base, get ready for work and get to cop shop. So like a dummy i go home, but the guy doesnt follow me. Then i go to the cops and file another report. ..............A few days later i was talking to my sis in law and she said she saw someone in that car driving down our street all the time, esp at night shining his lights in my house. But she didnt think anything of it.
RESULT: Come to find out, the guy that broke into my house had been breaking into dorm rms and housing for months taking thousands of dollars worth of stuff. Even assaulting a female, but she fought back. So went to Court martial (military trial), I had to testify against him. That was farking scary as crap....seeing him stare at me freaked me out
Anyway, he ended up convicted and sent to Ft Leavenworth for like 6 yrs.

Then like 3 years later I get a freaking LETTER from him in the mail......stating he was sorry. blah blah blah....

Let me tell you, as soon as I caught him walking out of my house, i slept with a huge knife under my pillow. I was ready to use that sucker too. I would not hurt anyone, but if you try to hurt me or my family i swear i will gut you and kill you.
I try to document everything unlawful that I see and have no problem pointing you to your face that I saw what you did. Thank God none of your family members were injured.

If he were white, would you have said, this white guy... or just some guy. Just curious.
Jun 11, 2008, 12:41pm   #94
lovinalotofbags
In for the long haul
Originally Posted by Cecilia2
When I lived in Chicago, I lived in a coach house...the house behind the big house, which was essentially a converted garage. It was a nicer area around Lincoln Park, and about 100 ft. off a major intersection where there were stores and lots of people. However, in order to get in to my place, I had to walk down an alley, and go through a gate with a motion detector. I was always nervous going in and out of the alley at night, and when I had to do this I would often run from my place, through the alley to the busy street as FAST as possible. As busy as the intersection was the alley was usually empty-scary.

I am tall and thin, and at that time attracted a fair amount of unwanted attention. I'm guessing I was being watched, and my comings and goings were noticed.

One night at around 10pm or so, I heard the gate open and the light detector went on. I assumed this was the owner on his way to the big house through the back entrance, but I'm super cautious and looked out the window to the alley. As I was doing this I heard a loud knock on my door. I could see a car waiting in
the alley...a low 70's Nova type, and this was the later nineties....a very old, beat up car.

I went to the door, and of course didn't open it. I asked..."Yes, can I help you?" A man answered: "I got lost...could you help me with directions? I told him I didn't drive and was terrible at directions. At this point I was so afraid my head was swimming, and I can't remember exactly what he said next, but it was something like "could I come in for a minute and have you show me where we are on my map."

I asked him why he had come into an alley, opened a gate, climbed up my coach house stairs and knocked on a strangers door, when just outside the alley there were tons of open businesses. He ignored this, and asked to come in again. I said that I was calling the police, and did so....I called 911.

He runs down the stairs and gets out of there in his Nova, where his male friend was waiting, as fast as possible....screeching tires and all.

The police @ 911 told me that I did the right thing, but if he came back, I should mention that I have gun(I don't really have one). A really cute officer was on the scene very quickly and calmed my nerves.

NEVER open the door! Ask what they want through a locked door, and even if you feel it's legit, offer to call assistance for the person, or direct them to a gas station...etc.
OMG. Glad you did not open the door.
Jun 11, 2008, 12:43pm   #95
lovinalotofbags
In for the long haul
Originally Posted by SonyaPhi
Nope, that has never happened to me THANK GOD!!

But I did have a peeper! So weird and scary! I was about 17 or 18 and still lived with my parents, I can't recall if I was still in high school or not. Well, anyway I way laying on my bed reading a magazine with the lamp on (we had burglar bars on the house). I had the windows open that night (it was late the early moring hours) because I love fresh air and it was windy that night. I remember looking up towards the window because I got that creepy feeling that someone was watcing me and saw a pair of eyes looking at me. I just yelled " HEY!" in a mad tone jumped off my bed and looked out the window we had screens also. I couldn't see anyone I ran to my parents room and told them and my dad got his gun and ran out of the house to look for him. ( I am assuming it was a man) Never found anyone. After that night I always felt ubcomfortable getting dressed in my room. I would secure my windows first. SO SCARY!
A pair of eyes, that is creepy scary.
Sep 24, 2008, 5:12am   #96
aquablueness
Whale Tail!
Originally Posted by SonyaPhi
Nope, that has never happened to me THANK GOD!!

But I did have a peeper! So weird and scary! I was about 17 or 18 and still lived with my parents, I can't recall if I was still in high school or not. Well, anyway I way laying on my bed reading a magazine with the lamp on (we had burglar bars on the house). I had the windows open that night (it was late the early moring hours) because I love fresh air and it was windy that night. I remember looking up towards the window because I got that creepy feeling that someone was watcing me and saw a pair of eyes looking at me. I just yelled " HEY!" in a mad tone jumped off my bed and looked out the window we had screens also. I couldn't see anyone I ran to my parents room and told them and my dad got his gun and ran out of the house to look for him. ( I am assuming it was a man) Never found anyone. After that night I always felt ubcomfortable getting dressed in my room. I would secure my windows first. SO SCARY!
oh my gosh, that's creeepy! i am always afraid of people doing that to me. i look and look hoping there's always nobody there. and thank goodness there is not.... err...and you said "a pair of eyes". gahhhhshh!
Oct 19, 2009, 7:50pm   #97
canada's
omg, BUMP because this thread is full of true scares.
Oct 19, 2009, 9:31pm   #98
FashionParadise
Life is So Sweet
In college of my freshman year, I shared a bedroom with 4 other girls. We always locked the door before going to sleep, but one night, I think it didn't lock properly or someone left and came back and forgot to lock it again.

It was around 2 or 3 am when the door opened and closed. I thought it was my roommate going to the bathroom. Suddenly, I heard giggling and felt something touching me. Soon, that something was trying to climb into bed with me. I bolted right out of bed, scared to death, and opened my eyes to a figure in the dark right next to me. I pushed "it" off and "it" fell off and giggled, then tried to climb into my other roommate's bed. By then the others woke up, turned on the lights and realized there's a strange, drunk girl in our room in the middle of the night. We asked her who the heck she was and why she was here. She demanded that this was her friend's room and she's here to sleep. We led her back out to where she belonged and made sure to lock the door--for always after that. That was the scariest thing that happened in dorm besides awaking to a centipede right next to me.

Oh, I really wanna see The Stepfather!
Last edited Oct 19, 2009 at 9:35pm.
Oct 20, 2009, 2:30am   #99
madamefifi
cat hoarder
This is why I always answer the door with a shotgun tucked casually under my arm. You may think I'm kidding but I'm not. I am home alone during the day and I live in a very rural area. If someone is knocking so loud and so long that I wake up, I am already pissed. I have been known to jerk the door open and snarl "WTF do you want??!!", shotgun in hand. (I have also been known to have to apologize profusely, lol). Frankly I thought that movie--The Strangers--was pretty lame. Those people were born victims, they should've taken the offensive immediately.
Oct 20, 2009, 9:45am   #100
ilovepinkhearts
J'aime coeurs roses
i vaguely remember this from when i was very young, maybe 6-7. my family and i were getting ready to go to bed and then there was a loud and frantic knocking on the front door and a lady screaming for help. my dad lookked out the window and saw her shadow on the porch, he didn't open the door, we had no idea who she was. she left after a few moments. sadly the next day the cops found a woman's body in a field down the street from us...we assumed that it was the lady knocking on the door, but we were never sure.
Oct 20, 2009, 10:06am   #101
CeCChanel
Originally Posted by chihuahuaqueen
These stories are the reason why I sleep with a club next to my bed! My biggest fear is someone breaking into my house while I'm asleep.

Anyway, after complaining to my dad for months about how afraid I am to live alone, he bought me THIS club.

http://www.swordsandarmor.com/images...piked_Head.jpg

This is the exact one that I have next to my bed. I feel much better now!!
With this, I would feel safe too!
Oct 20, 2009, 10:24am   #102
tillie46
Not only would I not answer the door, I wouldn't even check to see who it was. If anyone I knew, or cared about needed me in the middle of the night, they could call me!
Oct 20, 2009, 11:07am   #103
sweetsoutherner
Originally Posted by ilovepinkhearts
i vaguely remember this from when i was very young, maybe 6-7. my family and i were getting ready to go to bed and then there was a loud and frantic knocking on the front door and a lady screaming for help. my dad lookked out the window and saw her shadow on the porch, he didn't open the door, we had no idea who she was. she left after a few moments. sadly the next day the cops found a woman's body in a field down the street from us...we assumed that it was the lady knocking on the door, but we were never sure.

I always wonder what I would do in a situation like this. If somebody truly needed help I would want to help but at the same time you never really know especially if you don't know them.
Oct 20, 2009, 1:35pm   #104
b
beljwl
Account Deactivated
glad to say, nope never
Oct 20, 2009, 1:52pm   #105
lil_peanut
Orange Lotus FTW
I've never had strange people late at night on my stoop, but a few times last year some of the neighborhood teens got it in their minds to go around ringing doorbells and knock loudly on doors at around 12:30 AM. They picked ours a few times which was very annoying. My DH and I own a lot of home protection items, so the next time it happened, he ran down as fast as he could with his shotgun and made that cool "chunk chunk" sound with the bolt action on the front porch.

We never had kids pull a prank on us again.

And always as a precaution, if I don't know the person, I NEVER answer the door if I'm by myself.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >