Home Premier Designers Gucci

Gucci serial numbers

POST A REPLY

Jun 1, 2006, 4:12pm   #1
Hi...new here!

I see all kinds of different serial numbers for Gucci...some have numbers with a dash on the top line, some have only 4 numbers below and some have the same number of numbers on the top and bottom line. The authentic ones I have seen all have 6 numbers on top and bottom.

Are the others that don't have the same number of numbers on top and bottom all fake or at one time did they format them differently?

Thank you!!
Jun 2, 2006, 3:01pm   #2
bump? Anyone?
Jun 3, 2006, 9:47pm   #3
I have an authentic Gucci bag, and there are 5 numers on top and 6 on the bottom. Hope this helps
Jun 4, 2006, 9:52am   #4
I'm not a Gucci expert but I thought there were supposed to be six numbers on top and six underneath. If there are too few digits, it's a fake.
Jun 4, 2006, 11:54am   #5
Wait, are we talking about the numbers underneath the inside tab? I just looked at my bag again, and it really has only 5 on top and 6 on the bottom. I don't know anything about authenticating Gucci, but I bought this bag at the Gucci Store in Beverly Hills, so I'm sure it's authentic
Jun 4, 2006, 12:06pm   #6
Yes, the inside tag. Okay so I might be wrong about the serial numbers but I am sure someone said it has to be six and six. I wish someone else would help us out with this. And yes your bag is definately authentic coming from the Gucci Boutique. I will keep looking to see if I can find some info about the numbers. I'll get back to you.
Jun 4, 2006, 12:14pm   #7
r.i.p. my angel
hmmmmmmmmm, it's definitely an interesting question...both of my gucci blondie bags from '04 have 6 serial #'s on top & on bottom...and they're also 100% authentic bags

p.s. i'm guessing different years had different patterns
Jun 4, 2006, 12:19pm   #8
Here is the website one of the girls posted here re Authentic Guccis: aegiale eBay Store About My Store Check out the part about the serial numbers with too few digits.
Jun 4, 2006, 2:49pm   #9
d
Hi. I bought my gucci bag at Saks in 2003. It has 5 numbers on top and 6 on the bottom.
Jun 4, 2006, 3:21pm   #10
Okay good to know. Thanks for responding.
Jun 4, 2006, 3:50pm   #11
Originally Posted by redsox24
Here is the website one of the girls posted here re Authentic Guccis: aegiale eBay Store About My Store Check out the part about the serial numbers with too few digits.
I took a look at the link you posted-- it seems like a valuable resource It said to beware of bags with too few numbers in the serial number, but I saw no guideline for what constitutes too few numbers... Also, I just looked at my receipt, and I bought my bag in 2003 too, so I guess it depends on the year or the style or both
Jun 4, 2006, 3:59pm   #12
♥ my dog ♥
i read at this page of a MPRS that real gucci bags have 10-13 numbers in total...

http://stores.ebay.nl/2nd-HAND-AUTHE.../Homepage.html
Jun 5, 2006, 7:16am   #13
J
livin large takin charge
That makes sense, I have 2 from 2006 with different patterns but fall in the threshold of having 10 - 13 digits in the serial #.
Jun 5, 2006, 8:44am   #14
thanks for all of the responses! My authentic Gucci also has 6 on top and bottom, but I do see all sorts on eBay with too few!! Great to know about the 10-13 rule!

thank you again
Jun 18, 2006, 7:23am   #15
Tandas Di Mana?!
so confusing
my two bags have 6 up 6 bottom
but this coin purse i just bought has 6 up and 5 bottom
what do these serial numbers even mean
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Gucci