Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

not getting period on time? 10 days late?

POST A REPLY

Aug 26, 2006, 4:31pm   #1
lv1011
Account Deactivated
Hi...I am late by 10 days and was wondering what could cause a missed period? I have read somwhere that stress, hormonal changes and lack of nutrition can cause a delayed period...anyone know of any other reasons?

TIA.
Aug 26, 2006, 5:49pm   #2
v
vanojr9
Well, just pregnancy! Stress can definitely affect it, sometimes antibiotics will too if you're taking any sort of new medicine. I also find that if my period's a little late and I start worrying about it (ie stress), it just keeps getting later.
Aug 26, 2006, 5:53pm   #3
peacocky
Flaunt your Fringe
birth control can do it too
Aug 26, 2006, 5:55pm   #4
bagnshoofetish
T'is The Season

I would see my gyno just to make sure.
Aug 26, 2006, 6:57pm   #5
amanda
I Bleed Georgia Red
i normally have a nearly-perfect 28 day cycle that i could write a calendar based on, but about a year and a half ago, i had a random period that just didn't come. i was in a relationship and having regular, uh, intercourse during that time, so i freaked out, but i took about a dozen pregnancy tests, all negative, and it came like regular the next month.

so go to target, buy a couple of EPTs, and take them for a few days if pregnancy is at all a possibility. if it's not, don't flip out, it's probably a change in diet, stress, or just a quirk of your body.
Aug 26, 2006, 7:04pm   #6
jc2239
i know stress and just your body being over-worked and over-tired can definitely cause your cycle to be irregular.....my period has never been regular, sometimes i get it once every two months, sometimes after a month, sometimes after 5 weeks...i never know when it's gonna come
Aug 26, 2006, 8:08pm   #7
Sunnydqt
Sunny
yeah, I heard sometimes birth control would do that as well. I, myself have an irregular period quite often and I believe mostly it's from stress, environment chage.
Aug 26, 2006, 8:30pm   #8
truegem
STRESS is the biggie...outside of being pregnant. Birth control has always helped me keep my period quite regular, which is nice. Just listen to your body though. Also as I got older my period started changing so you may just be going through a phase where your period starts doing quirky thing.
Aug 27, 2006, 9:19am   #9
Prada Psycho
Peri-menopause will cause that, but I just checked your profile, so I reckon you're safe for a few years! Do you workout a lot? If your muscle-to-fat ratio is off, that can cause irregular periods. Women need fat for their hormones to function properly and when they get too muscular, they often start having irregular or non-existent periods. Not a good thing...

If you don't fit into any of these categories, are sure you couldn't be preggers and inordinant stress isn't an issue, just let it go for a while. I don't know anyone that's on that magical 28 day cycle they teach us about!
Aug 27, 2006, 9:43am   #10
amanda
I Bleed Georgia Red
Originally Posted by Prada Psycho
I don't know anyone that's on that magical 28 day cycle they teach us about!
i am, but for years i had a crazy irregular period! i'm apparently the only one in the world, though, so maybe they should, like, study me for textbooks.
Aug 27, 2006, 9:48am   #11
jillybean307
Wanderlust
Originally Posted by bagnshoofetish

I would see my gyno just to make sure.
LOL great picture! You're so funny!
Aug 28, 2006, 8:13am   #12
emmakins
Obsessed with Pink!
If you're sexually active, take a pregnacy test. If it turns negitive I can almost gaurantee you that you'll get your period three days later at most!

I used to worry alot about getting pregnant and once confirmed that I wasnt, I stopped worrying and got my period!
Aug 28, 2006, 4:26pm   #13
f
funnyfan
Lynn
Is it possible you could be pregnant??? Stress, harmon changes, medicines, including birth control, peri-menapause, menapause. My daughter is anerexic, she stoped having periods because of that. Take a pregnancy test and call the doctor.
Lynn
Womens health diet plan & nutrition
Aug 28, 2006, 4:39pm   #14
Pursegrrl
Oh no she di-int!!
Other than a possible pregnancy, chances are it's stress-related. And stressing out over wondering if your period is going to arrive makes it worse.
Aug 29, 2006, 3:29am   #15
Cat Lover
Hmm.. were you on any medication recently? Last summer, I was really sick and was on antibiotics. My period didn't come on time, and I freaked out and took a pregnancy test, but it just ended up being the medicine that affected me.

Or, like everyone else said, it could just be stress/a pregnancy. Hope everything ends up okay!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >