Home Premier Designers Hermès Hermès Reference Library

Reference: Guide to Hermes Scarves

POST A REPLY

Apr 27, 2008, 11:40am   #586
Down Dog
Does anyone know when--or perhaps whether--the scarf "Mont Saint Michel" was reissued? I know the original was issued in 1947 or thereabouts. . . . Many thanks, experts!
Apr 29, 2008, 5:04am   #587
Fleurs d'hiver from A/W '07

Apr 30, 2008, 1:07pm   #588
Originally Posted by valkyrie360
Hi, can any of you tell me what this pattern is? It's a handpainted shawl that I purchased at Hermes NYC in about 1998 - 1999. It has the word "arabesques" but when I look up that word it doesnt' bring up anything that looks like my shawl on the web! It is super duper sheer so hard to photograph (I had to put it on the bare wood of my dining room table to give it depth). It has an interesting effect, which the camera picks up more in the second pic, of reflecting red off the orange surface. Thanks so much for your help!

FWIW, I'm not one of the experts but I think the pattern is called "Arabesques." The HSCI database has a few photos. It's beautiful!

http://www.hsci.hermesscarf.com/sear...b=+++Search+++
May 8, 2008, 10:28am   #589
Hello ladies, I've read all 40 pages of this wonderful thread and am awed by the breath and depth of knowledge many of you have about Hermes scarves. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

This is my first post in this subforum as I have just returned from Paris from a big birthday trip. I had promised myself a birthday present from Hermes and bought A Vos Crayons in pink and Les Oiseaux in pale lavender from the Faubourg store on my birthday. On our last day in Paris, we took a day trip to Giverny. It was a picture perfect day and the garden was in full bloom - gloriously spectacular. When I walked into the gift shop though I was stunned to see a Hermes Giverny scarf in a case in 2 CWs - pale pink and blue. I could not resist buying the blue version.

After careful searching, I finally located the artist's signature on the Giverny scarf but it is only the initials LT. Can anyone identify the artist for me and give my any history about the production of this scarf? I haven't seen it listed previously in this thread although I have yet to search the other reference threads in this subforum.

Also, if anyone is willing to sponsor me for the Yahoo group I would be grateful as well.

Many thanks for your assistance - I'm thinking this is the start of a new obsession.
May 12, 2008, 3:15pm   #590
r
Originally Posted by graberg
Hello ladies, I've read all 40 pages of this wonderful thread and am awed by the breath and depth of knowledge many of you have about Hermes scarves. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

This is my first post in this subforum as I have just returned from Paris from a big birthday trip. I had promised myself a birthday present from Hermes and bought A Vos Crayons in pink and Les Oiseaux in pale lavender from the Faubourg store on my birthday. On our last day in Paris, we took a day trip to Giverny. It was a picture perfect day and the garden was in full bloom - gloriously spectacular. When I walked into the gift shop though I was stunned to see a Hermes Giverny scarf in a case in 2 CWs - pale pink and blue. I could not resist buying the blue version.

After careful searching, I finally located the artist's signature on the Giverny scarf but it is only the initials LT. Can anyone identify the artist for me and give my any history about the production of this scarf? I haven't seen it listed previously in this thread although I have yet to search the other reference threads in this subforum.

Also, if anyone is willing to sponsor me for the Yahoo group I would be grateful as well.

Many thanks for your assistance - I'm thinking this is the start of a new obsession.
Hello..LT is Laurence Thioune. Not sure about this scarf's history....
May 13, 2008, 4:34pm   #591
^^Thanks so much for the info. I believe I saw a pic of another member's Giverny in the pink CW in the photos thread.
Jun 2, 2008, 7:17pm   #592
I am interested in knowing of scarves issued in 1968, 1969, 1973...

I know that Astrologie is one from 1969 . . . and a reissue

Any others?

Thanks to Seton, MarieT & others for sharing your wealth of knowledge regarding H scarves!
Jun 4, 2008, 8:34pm   #593
p
We came upon this Hermes scarf by way of a relative. Does anyone know anything about it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. I posted last night, but it seems my post disappeared. Sorry if it's a double post.
Attached Images

Last edited Jun 4, 2008 at 8:35pm. Reason: Forgot to mention something
Jun 14, 2008, 10:09am   #594
K in a circle
I'm sorry to ask something that may be ovious to many of you, but is the twilly Un jardin Sur Le Nil still available in stores?
Jul 2, 2008, 2:27pm   #595
g
Does anyone know if "Splendeur des Maharajas" has been faked? Also, I've seen some scarves say "Maharajas" and others "Splendeur des Maharajas" - but the same design. Is that simply a difference of year or is one fake?

Thanks!
Jul 11, 2008, 3:48pm   #596
Hi from another newbie. I found this thread (& read it all) doing a search, yet again, for more info about my Hermes scarf and pouchette. I have 1 of each in the same design altho' 1 is blue and the other red. My dad was traveling in Italy maybe 10ish years ago and purchased them both for me in Milan at the Hermes store. I still have the box and shopping bag. (which I've also seen empty, for sale on eBay) He also brought back some other great gifts such as Murano glass and leather items.

The scarves have never been worn and are still in the box. It was a generous gift but I lived in Florida at the time, was having my own 'personal summers' and didn't need more material on my body. We've now moved farther south to Panama for retirement and I know I will never use them here either. We are in a very casual atmosphere and I don't have long hair to tie them around anymore, never mind I wouldn't want to ruin them perspiring.

What I'd like to know is any information on the Concerto scarves. I did see a post about the series Hermes has produced and I imagine these are part of the Year of the Music. I can't post photos at the moment because they are still in storage (air conditioned) with the rest of our things. Taken at my word that they are NIB with Hermes shopping bag, what are they worth? What price will/should they fetch on eBay and should I sell them together? Or is there a better method than eBay?
Jul 23, 2008, 11:50pm   #597
I am trying to find out if this scarf I own is the original Dumas issue from the 1940's or the 1989 reissue.

It has no tag and there is no Hermes copyright or trademark on the scarf itself.

I have sent an email to www.hermes.com to see if they can assist me.

I have had the scarf for at least 10 years and I bought it from a major Hermes collector.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

I have many more photos if needed.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Jul 24, 2008, 10:52am   #598
the cuisine copyright would be on the border near top left hand corner, if ther e at all
Jul 24, 2008, 7:50pm   #599
Originally Posted by marietouchet
the cuisine copyright would be on the border near top left hand corner, if ther e at all
There is no copyright at all on the scarf so what does that mean? Thanks.
Jul 25, 2008, 9:17am   #600
Originally Posted by gutierrezm77
Does anyone know if "Splendeur des Maharajas" has been faked? Also, I've seen some scarves say "Maharajas" and others "Splendeur des Maharajas" - but the same design. Is that simply a difference of year or is one fake?

Thanks!

Never faked. Original had rajahs in the corners - they were removed & replaced in later issues & the scarf was renamed

The rajahspictures were real people - they actually existed - so maybe they were pictued w/o permission & that was why scarf was redone
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Hermès Hermès Reference Library