Home Premier Designers Hermès

........ The Fall 2012 scarves ........

POST A REPLY

Sep 19, 2012, 3:46am   #1741
Originally Posted by Jahna
I rather agree toujours*chic, but it seems Tzapoff has made a career out of indian portraits. BTW 45 screens in the original, but I found the design a bit klutzy as the indian is abruptly cut off at chest level. His squaw looks better.

I may have put his website (gallery) on here before but it is interesting:

http://antoinetzapoff.tripod.com

I should add that as a Wyoming native I feel a bit, shall we say, robbed?

Re: Kermit. I can't wait to see what his new Texas scarf will look like (I think Spring 2013).
Thanks for the link- I did look at it and I appreciate his artwork. To me they are a little "static" and "Disney-fied" in comparison to KO. As a native Texan, Mr. Oliver's artwork is more authentic and organic in capturing Native Americans imo.
Sep 19, 2012, 12:02pm   #1742
I couldn't agree more, Toujours!
Sep 19, 2012, 2:06pm   #1743
Keeper of the Flame
Originally Posted by toujours*chic
This is great news- I was worried that KO was retired from producing new designs for Hermes. Def something to look forward to!
At the Festival des Metiers, they said that KO has retired from designing new scarves.
Sep 19, 2012, 4:46pm   #1744
Originally Posted by seton
At the Festival des Metiers, they said that KO has retired from designing new scarves.
Are you sure Seton? I got the info from the Houston store last year that he had been commissioned for a new Texas scarf. Maybe that one is his last? Well, I am going to the Metier there in October-guess I will find out then.
Sep 19, 2012, 6:27pm   #1745
Do you speak scarf?
I believe Jahna is right, Seaton. I live in Houston, and our H here is planning to open a new, larger store in the next year or so. A developer is breaking ground right now for a new shopping center adjacent of where they're currently located, and rumor has it that H will have a new, two-story home.

Apparently Kermit Oliver spent a week at the very famous King Ranch in south Texas with one of Hermes' executives earlier this spring, getting inspiration for a new scarf design in honor of the new store. He was born in the little town of Refugio, about an hour and a half north of King Ranch, although he currently resides in Waco, Texas. Considering that he's now almost 70, I'm pretty sure he has retired from the Postal Service by now.

Although I'm not usually a fan of his designs, I'm still happy to know he's designing a new scarf for "us." My SA and I, native southeast Texans both, were laughing that we hoped the new scarf wouldn't have an oil rig on it! (Although it would be highly appropriate, given the area, LOL!!)
Sep 19, 2012, 7:09pm   #1746
Do you speak scarf?
Thanks for the link- I did look at it and I appreciate his artwork. To me they are a little "static" and "Disney-fied" in comparison to KO. As a native Texan, Mr. Oliver's artwork is more authentic and organic in capturing Native Americans imo.
Are you really, Toujours? No kidding!
Sep 19, 2012, 8:38pm   #1747
Keeper of the Flame
Originally Posted by Jahna
Are you sure Seton? I got the info from the Houston store last year that he had been commissioned for a new Texas scarf. Maybe that one is his last? Well, I am going to the Metier there in October-guess I will find out then.

well, that's what I remembered. there are other TPFers who went and maybe they can confirm or not.

I dont find KO having a "Texas" scarf out in 2013 and him not doing designs anymore to be mutually exclusive.
Sep 20, 2012, 12:20am   #1748
That's what I thought- I knew it was too good to be true that a new design was on the horizon. Just makes what he has designed that much more valuable.
Sep 20, 2012, 12:22am   #1749
Originally Posted by TangoTosca
Are you really, Toujours? No kidding!
Something must be lost in translation- I am not from Texas myself. I meant KO is from Texas.
Sep 20, 2012, 12:30am   #1750
Originally Posted by TangoTosca
I believe Jahna is right, Seaton. I live in Houston, and our H here is planning to open a new, larger store in the next year or so. A developer is breaking ground right now for a new shopping center adjacent of where they're currently located, and rumor has it that H will have a new, two-story home.

Apparently Kermit Oliver spent a week at the very famous King Ranch in south Texas with one of Hermes' executives earlier this spring, getting inspiration for a new scarf design in honor of the new store. He was born in the little town of Refugio, about an hour and a half north of King Ranch, although he currently resides in Waco, Texas. Considering that he's now almost 70, I'm pretty sure he has retired from the Postal Service by now.

Although I'm not usually a fan of his designs, I'm still happy to know he's designing a new scarf for "us." My SA and I, native southeast Texans both, were laughing that we hoped the new scarf wouldn't have an oil rig on it! (Although it would be highly appropriate, given the area, LOL!!)
I guess we shall soon see whether there is a new KO or not. Personally, I prefer his earlier works (Texas Wildlife, Mythologies, Kachinas, Danses, etc.) vs. his newer designs- Champlain, Lafayette. There is too much open space in the newer designs. I like 'em loaded with Native American imagery- kachina dolls, tomahawks, bows and arrows, horses, Native Americans, feathers, flora and fauna- every square inch with his artwork!
Sep 20, 2012, 3:15am   #1751
d
I guess we shall soon see whether there is a new KO or not. Personally, I prefer his earlier works (Texas Wildlife, Mythologies, Kachinas, Danses, etc.) vs. his newer designs- Champlain, Lafayette. There is too much open space in the newer designs. I like 'em loaded with Native American imagery- kachina dolls, tomahawks, bows and arrows, horses, Native Americans, feathers, flora and fauna- every square inch with his artwork!

Me too!! Maybe the new Texas scarf is only for the new store...??
Sep 20, 2012, 3:36am   #1752
Originally Posted by duna
[/B]

Me too!! Maybe the new Texas scarf is only for the new store...??
You may be right- can't wait in any case!
Sep 20, 2012, 9:06pm   #1753
retired tPF mod
New scarf ring on h.com

http://usa.hermes.com/woman/scarves/...oie-24899.html
Attached Images

Sep 20, 2012, 10:07pm   #1754
I prefer Kermit Oliver's depictions of Native American peoples- somehow, they just seem more "authentic".
I agree.
Sep 20, 2012, 10:16pm   #1755
Out of H-rehab
Originally Posted by Cosmopolitan
New scarf ring on h.com

http://usa.hermes.com/woman/scarves/...oie-24899.html
What beauty!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Hermès