Home Contemporary Designers Juicy Couture

Juicy Couture Charm Bracelet?

POST A REPLY

Jun 27, 2007, 4:17pm   #1
Shoppertunistic ღ
Hi,

I've been on the lookout for a good, yet affordable charm bracelet for a while now, and I've always liked the look of the basic starter Juicy Couture Charm Bracelet [gold-plated brass]

My question is: how durable is this bracelet [if any of you have it] because I'm worried the gold will fall off if I accidentally lay my hand somewhere. Basically, just tell me your opinion of the bracelet, especially if you own and wear it!

Thanks so much!
Jun 27, 2007, 5:13pm   #2
Steph
I don't have that specific one, I have the "Love Luck Couture" one that has the Cubic zirconia stones on the heart and horseshoe. I have had it for a while and haven't had any problems at all with it. I also work in an office and do a lot of typing so I know I've banged it up against stuff before, but it doesn't appear to be hurt!
Jun 27, 2007, 5:18pm   #3
b
porte bonheur
myself and my friends have this bracelet and it is pretty durable. its actually pretty heavy. i only wear mine once in awhile and with only one charm.

its cute though! buying charms for it is addictive!
Jun 27, 2007, 9:05pm   #4
♥'s Cupcakes
It's definitely durable but just take it off when you're getting your hands wet and don't let alcohol based liquids (like perfumes) come into contact with it. You'll be fine if you do that.
Jun 28, 2007, 8:32am   #5
Shoppertunistic ღ
So, none of you have had problems with scratches or chipping? I'm surprised, because I've read about other tPFers who have warned against this bracelet...

Also, does the bracelet tarnish easily?

Thanks for all your help!
Jun 28, 2007, 10:04am   #6
m
I have had it for about two years now. I don't wear charms on it, so I don't know if that really makes much of a difference in terms of wear and tear. There is slight chipping in the gold plating in thte links around where the heart and the J are, but you can hardly tell at all. You pretty much have to stare at it to find the spot. I have seen no signs of tarnishing. It's a cheap bracelet, so stuff like that is going to happen. But for the most part, like the others have said, it is pretty durable. I suppose you'd have to be pretty rough with it for it to just start chipping everywhere. Juicy jewelry is super cute. I love it. But, it isn't quality material.
Last edited Jun 28, 2007 at 10:07am.
Jun 28, 2007, 11:42am   #7
!*$#@%?
ive never really worried about i dont take any precautions at all ahah i guess i never really thought about it.

<-------- (im wearing it in my picture)
Jun 28, 2007, 1:01pm   #8
l
From a credible source, I heard that this bracelet has 40mils (I think that's 40 in a million of a meter) electric plated gold as compared to some 2mils of gold plating in most of cheap bracelets you see on the street. I started my collection about a year ago and worn it for about 3-4 months before giving them to my sister(all of about a dozen charms) I haven't had it tarnish on me then and I think it's still fine. I prefer silver or white gold color on most of my bracelets, but Juicy has yet to make any in silver color with matching charms.
Last edited Jun 28, 2007 at 1:03pm.
Jun 28, 2007, 6:27pm   #9
Cherokee H Princess
I think the Juicy jewelry is a good value for the money. I have the winter LE charm bracelet and I have needed to fix a jump ring that came apart. But I don't hold a grudge against Juicy. This is costume jewelry, not fine jewelry. I enjoy my charm bracelet very much and am always looking for my next conquest with them!
Jun 29, 2007, 9:35am   #10
Shoppertunistic ღ
Sounds good.. next time I stop by at Nordstrom [probably next Saturday] I'm gonna go for it! I hope they still have it in stock, because sometimes they don't. There were 5 of them this weekend...I should have just bought it in advance. Oh well - keeping my fingers crossed!
Jun 29, 2007, 10:02am   #11
ALL THE BAGS!
Yes it's durable, but it's heavy on the wrist.

I have one mark on mine.
Jun 29, 2007, 4:15pm   #12
i wear mine a lot (at least 4-5 times a week, sometimes all week) and have for over a year and it looks great. mine hasn't begun to tarnish, and has taken good abuse seeing as i'm not sure careful with it or anything.

great look for the price especially!
Jun 29, 2007, 5:23pm   #13
I think for the price of this, it lasts pretty well. Its not like your paying hundreds of dollars for it. It should be fine for sometime. My daughter has the necklace and wears it alot, looks brand new.
Jul 1, 2007, 8:22pm   #14
I've had mine for about 9 months. I wear mine a lot with lots of charms and it does show scratches but no tarnishing. Plus its not too expensive so that if you buy a second bracelet once your first starts to not look so good, you're still way under cost of getting a solid 14k gold bracelet.

Have fun with your braclet! I love my bracelet and Juicy charms. Last time I counted, I think I have about 50 charms.
Jul 2, 2007, 2:34am   #15
z
GOod choice! I have that exact bracelet & have charms hanging off of it. I've had it for almost a year now and wear it not too often, like once a week or so, & it still looks fabulous. The gold has not come off at all from the bracelet or charms yet!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Juicy Couture