Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

LV Alma or Madeleine GM? Help me choose!

POST A REPLY

Nov 14, 2009, 2:41am   #1
t
turtledumplings
I just bought an LV Alma in damier, and am realizing that I am not a fan of the easily recognizable damier.

So I am considering exchanging the damier Alma for a
(1) Epi leather Alma or
(2) Epi Leather Madeleine GM.

The thing is, the LV Alma (Epi) is $1310 and the Madeleine is $1100.
I originally paid $1030 for the damier Alma, and wouldnt mind paying $70 extra for the Madeleine. But $280 extra for an Alma in Epi (!?). I could buy another Coach bag with that $$!!

So what do you guys think? Should I pay $280 extra for an Epi Alma or pay $70 extra for the Epi Madeleine?
Which is the better/more versatile handbag, in your opinion?

I would love any input at all. Thanks!
Nov 14, 2009, 3:10am   #2
declaredbeauty
Addict
I think you should go with the Madeleine but then I'm kinda of bias because I can't stand the Alma and don't really think it's functional.
Nov 14, 2009, 5:44am   #3
Cari284
My vote goes to the Alma, it's such a classic and stunning bag. And I'm not a Coach fan at all I'm afraid..
Nov 14, 2009, 7:55am   #4
autumnbubble
Madelein is more functional while Alma is more classic

see which matters to you
Nov 14, 2009, 9:27am   #5
queennadine
♥ LoVe ♥
I love the Madeleine! It's a gorgeous bag that's also very classic. With the extra money, get a LV bandeau for it, instead of a Coach!
Nov 14, 2009, 9:33am   #6
ayla
nyan nyan percent
I prefer the Madeleine !
Nov 14, 2009, 9:35am   #7
Kitsunegrl
Fill the Giant Pig!
I think you should try them both on, if you can. The Alma is a very different animal in epi than in damier!
Nov 14, 2009, 11:48am   #8
b
beljwl
Account Deactivated
I like the Madeleine much better!
Nov 14, 2009, 2:13pm   #9
Makenzi
My vote goes to Alma, It was the first one that I bought and I still carry it all the time. It's the perfect size, love that it holds it shape and I still get TONS of compliments on it.
Nov 14, 2009, 4:11pm   #10
sarafina77
Wool Vixen
I'd go for the Alma. I think it sounds like you need to try them both on and see which one feels right. The Madeline would hold more, and if you need it for an everyday type bag perhaps that would work better for you. Good luck with your decision!
Nov 14, 2009, 5:14pm   #11
ecmf
alma, alma alma. its so pretty and classic i have it in mono and love it great size and shape
Nov 14, 2009, 5:16pm   #12
petitechouchou
Giddy up!
Alma!
Nov 14, 2009, 5:18pm   #13
EmeraldStar
Definitely go try on both!

I think Madeleine is a better choice for everyday, but it's not very striking IMO. The Epi Alma is stunning and if you think you can get a lot of use from it, then I think the extra money would be worth it! Good luck!
Nov 14, 2009, 5:21pm   #14
MsFrida
I'd go with the Alma :)
Nov 14, 2009, 5:26pm   #15
hellokitty99
definitely madeleine gm. not a big fan of the alma and the madeleine looks gorgeous in ivory.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >