Home > >

Should i buy my first louis vuitton?

POST A REPLY

May 3, 2010, 12:32pm   #1
i
irochka86
Hi Guys!

I am a new to this forum/website. My bestfriend told me about it and I decided to join. I have been dreaming of having a real louis vuitton bag for years. I am 23 years old, turning 24 tomorrow !! (I feel like I'm getting old.. haha). I still study at University and work at the same time.

The bag that caught my eye is the Neverfull MM. I like how it looks, the practicality of it and the price is not over 1000$....
However, I was always scared to spend that much on a bag. Everyone I know thinks its stupid and crazy, but I believe it's a purchase that will last me for years.

I currently only have the coach hobo bag and the rest of my bags I threw them in the garbage, since they were cheap immitations and would tear appart in no time.

I wanted to know your opinion if you think it's a good idea to buy the Neverfull.

Is it a durable bag? After how long do the handles change color? How did you feel after buying your first bag?

Thanks for all your help!!!
May 3, 2010, 12:34pm   #2
luxery baby
I usually find that bags with thinner straps patina faster.. that said my neverfull gm barely has any patina at all.
May 3, 2010, 12:38pm   #3
andro
I think you should buy the bag and not feel guilty for spending that much money. I'm sure the Neverfull will last you a long time after you buy it and you will learn to love it time after time.
May 3, 2010, 12:42pm   #4
a
airborne
Youre new? welcome..it says you joined in 2008..lol...anyways LV would be a great choice, even if you just own one...but at the end of the day its your choice...
:)
Originally Posted by irochka86
Hi Guys!

I am a new to this forum/website. My bestfriend told me about it and I decided to join. I have been dreaming of having a real louis vuitton bag for years. I am 23 years old, turning 24 tomorrow !! (I feel like I'm getting old.. haha). I still study at University and work at the same time.

The bag that caught my eye is the Neverfull MM. I like how it looks, the practicality of it and the price is not over 1000$....
However, I was always scared to spend that much on a bag. Everyone I know thinks its stupid and crazy, but I believe it's a purchase that will last me for years.

I currently only have the coach hobo bag and the rest of my bags I threw them in the garbage, since they were cheap immitations and would tear appart in no time.

I wanted to know your opinion if you think it's a good idea to buy the Neverfull.

Is it a durable bag? After how long do the handles change color? How did you feel after buying your first bag?

Thanks for all your help!!!
May 3, 2010, 12:45pm   #5
frenchfashion
The most important is that you deserve it !!! You work hard at "school"/uni and your job. Ok it's a lot of money but if you can afford it GO FOR IT!!! You're young (i have the same age ^^ i feel old too...) but if you have no child for the moment you should go to Louis Vuitton store, have a great time and feel so happy...
You will see the first Louis vuitton purse is very special!! Choose the bag you love because i think it's a purse you will keep during years and years... :)

Hope it will help you
May 3, 2010, 12:51pm   #6
a
airborne
agree
May 3, 2010, 1:00pm   #7
i
irochka86
Thanks guys... I know it shows registered in 08, but I actually never used the forum before.. its my first time :P

Do you guys accessories your LV bags? If so, what do you put on them??
May 3, 2010, 1:02pm   #8
f
fashion_mom1
Account Deactivated
Good for you for throwing the imitations away. And welcome to the forum. Buying an LV is truly an investment. They are gorgeous, will last a long time and not to mention addicting. Let us know what you decide. i always recc. the speedy for the first LV, but buy what you love.
May 3, 2010, 1:03pm   #9
a
airborne
Jeeez! youre waaay better them me...i have NO self control when it comes down to tpf.jk..LOL...unless im on vacation...

Originally Posted by irochka86
Thanks guys... I know it shows registered in 08, but I actually never used the forum before.. its my first time :P

Do you guys accessories your LV bags? If so, what do you put on them??
Last edited May 3, 2010 at 1:14pm.
May 3, 2010, 1:05pm   #10
t
taylorl
My NF MM is three years old and I just love it! I have it in mono, I use it to travel and when with my kids, great bag!
May 3, 2010, 1:09pm   #11
LV*LIFESTYLE
LV & TOD'S oh my !
also agree with the other posts. ... I think a Neverfull would be perfect for you.. I felt the same way when i started but, i figured . why spend money on bags that will maybe only last a year ? LV will be with you for a long time. And, is a wonderful investment.
good luck with your decision and welcome.
May 3, 2010, 1:10pm   #12
NikolineSofieK
Loubouholic
Is it a durable bag?
Yes, absolutely it lasts for years, my mom has had a monogram purse for 4 going on 5 years now, and its absolutely amazing, the color, fabric everything!
After how long do the handles change color?
Depends, is it sunny wear you live? If you go a lot outside in the sun, it will get tanner faster. That's what I have experienced.
How did you feel after buying your first bag?
LIKE BUYING ANOTHER This is my 9th or 10th bag.

I'm 18, and started when I was 14.

Btw; just wanted to wish you happy birthday tomorrow! Hope you have a great day.
My best friends is turning 18 tomorrow. :)
May 3, 2010, 4:22pm   #13
SpeedyJC
LV Is A Girls BF
Go for it. I did and I never looked back.
May 3, 2010, 10:06pm   #14
amstevens714
I absolutely love my mono nf...it was also my first...I think for a first you should go with MONO but if you don't like patina, then damier ebene is another option (although I think this bags looks best in Mono and its different leather that some say is tough on the shoulder). I DO NOT BABY MINE AT ALL, my brother actually put a coffee in it as a joke and it spilled on the vachetta (I freaked of course) and it did nothing! It was great! This is also a bag that can be used as a baby bag in the future...I say go for it!!!
May 3, 2010, 10:44pm   #15
autumn2187
I would go for it! I am going to be getting my first LV this summer and can't wait, I may even get a Neverfull, but I am also into the Palermo as well! Good Luck! & Happy Birthday! Do a reveal on here when you get it.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >