Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Vintage PRADA bag...

POST A REPLY

Sep 23, 2006, 6:29pm   #1
m
modema
I had a gift by my boyfriend's mother:a vintage prada bag!!!!!!!
The bag is old but wonderful!!!
It's perfect but I've looked inside and I haven't found serial number!!
I Don't know Prada bag...I've just chlòe and vuitton bags..so I don't know if in Prada bag there is a serial number to prove the authenticity...
My friend said to me that vintage bag doesn't have a serial number: she has got one vintage dior bag and there isn't serial number..
So..please help me..
What do you think about?
I'm afraid....
Sep 23, 2006, 6:33pm   #2
B
Beach Bum
Post pics..cant tell without seeing it
Sep 23, 2006, 6:38pm   #3
m
modema
Now I can't..I'll post pics tomorrow..But what do you think about serial number? It's possible that vintage prada bag doesn't have it?
Sep 24, 2006, 1:40pm   #4
cupcake_flake
I would like to know this too! I just got a gift from a family friend.. it's a quilted nylon prada bag with gold chain/leather intertwined straps (like the Chanel ones). It's probably at least 10-20 years old or more I'm guessing.. I can't find a serial number in it either.

(modema I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread.. I was going to start a new one asking the same question but then I saw yours!)

The gold rings are stamped PRADA, the lining also says PRADA, and the snap button that closes the bag is stamped "FIOCCHI ITALY".
The inside metal plate reads:
PRADA
MILANO
MADE IN ITALY
Please let me know your opinions.. thanks!
Attached Images

Sep 24, 2006, 2:19pm   #5
s
susan-eric
I don't know the nylon Prada bags at all, and so can't comment on the authenticity of this particular style, but Prada bags don't have serial numbers inside.
Sep 24, 2006, 4:32pm   #6
m
modema
Oh...noo!!!!I have some problems with my photograph machine!!!I'll put my photo tomorrow....Amazing Cupcake_flake!!! I can say to you that my bag too is about 20 years old!!!It's very different but inside it's the same!!Same material and same metal plate!! My bag is nylon and leather but is for morning:is big!!!
Sep 24, 2006, 11:42pm   #7
s
sgaotw
that's an authentic vintage Prada. seems to be in good condition. prada bags generally don't have serial numbers. (SOME bags have an extra leather tag on the inside zipper but those are rare.)
Sep 26, 2006, 12:04am   #8
cupcake_flake
Thanks girls! I'm not very familiar with Prada so I'm glad you guys are here to help
modema is your camera working properly yet? Would love to see your new bag
Sep 27, 2006, 4:19pm   #9
m
modema

Hi!!! my camera is ok!!!
this is my vintage bag... what do you think about? i hope you'll let me know your opinion soon!!!
Sep 27, 2006, 4:45pm   #10
m
modema
I'm sorry... but i didn't look that those image are so big... if the staff will delete my thread i'm going to sand them again using the thumbnails... thank you
Sep 28, 2006, 10:22pm   #11
cupcake_flake
This is a great bag! I like it... what a nice gift you got Sorry I can't tell if it's authentic or not since I'm not a Prada expert, but it has the same tags and interior as mine, and the girls here say mine is authentic, so I bet yours is too!
Sep 29, 2006, 3:50pm   #12
Sunnydqt
Sunny
I have two prada bags both purchased directly from NM and they don't have serial numbers.
Sep 29, 2006, 6:56pm   #13
m
modema
hihihi..I'm sorry if the photos are too big!!!I'm happy that you like it cupcake-flake!!The bag is very used..but i love vintage..so is not a problem!!!
Yes is true:interior is very similar to your bag..so, I hope is authentic mine too!!!The leather and the structure are good...I hope it!!!!!!!
Oct 1, 2006, 3:01am   #14
poutine
does your bag comes with the authenticity card? i am only aware of a little small white tag with one or two numbers that is located in the inner pocket of most prada bags. other than that, no serial numbers.
Oct 1, 2006, 3:37am   #15
E
Epur
The prada's r isnt curved in. So its abit doubty compared to the authentic ones. Well, im not an expert on prada but im guessing its unauthentic. Maybe you should check at the stores?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >