Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Investigation Discovery Addicts!

POST A REPLY

Feb 3, 2012, 10:26am   #1
coronita
Sipping ginger ale
I created this thread because so many people have mentioned this channel in other Telervision and Cinema threads. Here is our place to discuss our favorite, addicting channel!

I find that I can't pull myself away from the TV sometimes. I say that I will watch only 5 minutes and next thing I know, it is 2 hours later!

What are your favorite shows?

Mine are:

Dateline on ID
48 Hours Mystery
Deadly Women
Sins and Secrets
Who the Bleep Did I Marry?

I'm sure I will think of more.

Also, they have an ID addicts page: www.idaddicts.com
Feb 3, 2012, 10:27am   #2
coronita
Sipping ginger ale
Well it should say Investigation DiscoverY - anyone know how to change the title?
Feb 3, 2012, 11:48am   #3
buzzytoes
Dog Chauffeur
I think you have to PM a mod to change it.

Really I love almost all of their shows. The only I absolutely cannot stand is Disappeared because I hate not knowing what happened to the people!!! The first time I watched it I had no idea what it was really about and when they got to the end and the person was still missing I was like "WTF kind of show is this?!" I like my mysteries to be solved.
Feb 3, 2012, 12:00pm   #4
coronita
Sipping ginger ale
I agree about Disappeared. I think it really is a sad show because you want the family to have closure however they find the person.
Feb 3, 2012, 1:36pm   #5
ILuvShopping
★☆★★☆★★☆★
i LOVE disappeared.
i can't watch too many of these shows cause i don't get this channel (i know i can find them online but sometimes tha'ts a bigger hassle then it's worth lol) but i have been watching some on netflix. but i don't find most of them to be nearly as interesting as disappeared.

i did watch one show when i was at my parents over xmas. i can't remember what it's called but there's a voiceover for the person that's dead. as if the person is watching this all going on. it drives me nuts because who knows what that person would say?? lol
Feb 3, 2012, 1:41pm   #6
coronita
Sipping ginger ale
Originally Posted by ILuvShopping
i LOVE disappeared.
i can't watch too many of these shows cause i don't get this channel (i know i can find them online but sometimes tha'ts a bigger hassle then it's worth lol) but i have been watching some on netflix. but i don't find most of them to be nearly as interesting as disappeared.

i did watch one show when i was at my parents over xmas. i can't remember what it's called but there's a voiceover for the person that's dead. as if the person is watching this all going on. it drives me nuts because who knows what that person would say?? lol
Told you I was an addict!! This show is called Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets. It is a good show!
Feb 3, 2012, 2:55pm   #7
ILuvShopping
★☆★★☆★★☆★
Originally Posted by coronita
Told you I was an addict!! This show is called Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets. It is a good show!
i like the premise of the show.... the one i watch was just SUPER corny with the voice over. otherwise i liked it lol.
it was the one where the guy was a security guard and him and his co-worker's wife were having an affair.
Feb 4, 2012, 3:17am   #8
Shoegal30
I'm beyond obsessed with this channel too! I literally watch it every day. I really like behind the mansion walls, 48 hrs mystery...shoot I love everything, who am I kidding!
Feb 4, 2012, 5:49am   #9
Echoes
NoWhere Atoll
I watch some of them. Others are too contrived. I think Mansion Walls is the one with the host that gives me the creeps. Watched part of it once, but the guy gave me serial killer/molester vibes.

There is one about strange wills that's interesting sometimes.
Feb 4, 2012, 11:44am   #10
Alex Spoils Me
Sofa King Spoiled.
I'm an addict. This channel is on 90% of the time.
Feb 4, 2012, 9:38pm   #11
TexaninPA
I always have this channel on too! I live "The Will" and "Who the Bleep Did I Marry." That's what's in now! But there isn't really anything on the channel I don't watch. I'll even watch a lot of them multiple times.

I may not pay 100% attention all the time, but it's always on in the background. My DH makes fun of me when the "Deadly Women" marathons are on, asking if he should take it as a warning!
Feb 4, 2012, 10:06pm   #12
buzzytoes
Dog Chauffeur
Tried to just watch Scorned: Love Kills and told my DH to pay attention but he changed the channel.
Feb 5, 2012, 12:35pm   #13
coronita
Sipping ginger ale
That is a good how. It is a bit risqué though. Lol
Feb 5, 2012, 12:45pm   #14
Alex Spoils Me
Sofa King Spoiled.
Originally Posted by buzzytoes
Tried to just watch Scorned: Love Kills and told my DH to pay attention but he changed the channel.
So funny to me because I don't know about your hubby but mine hates this channel. I have it on all of the time and change it when he's home, nevertheless, he hates it.
Feb 5, 2012, 12:53pm   #15
robbins65
Love this channel! I actually have it on right now!
So many people i know are obsessed with this channel. Guess thats why its "america's fastest growing network"
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >