Home Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar

Can I straighten my hair after bleaching it?

POST A REPLY

Dec 4, 2008, 11:28pm   #1
Fables in Fashion
Basically I've never bleached my hair before, however I have been straightening with a flat iron about 2-3 times a week for the last five years, my hair is naturally a bit dry and pretty wavy and the ends are slightly damaged from heat styling. Tomorrow I'm going to the salon to have them bleach and colour my hair a chestnut brown (I naturally have asian black hair that comes down to my waist).

I'm going out to dinner a few hours after the hair dressers, is it safe to straighten it once I get home or will I ruin the colour/bleach somehow? Or damage my hair even more?

Sorry if these questions seem obvious, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to hair treatments!
Dec 4, 2008, 11:31pm   #2
♥In your eyes♥
idk if it will mess up your color but it will probably damage your hair, just like it would any other time you straighten it. idk if it is any different when you have died hair.
Dec 4, 2008, 11:39pm   #3
Fables in Fashion
I've been pretty lucky that my hair has gotten minimal damage over the last 5 years of straightening, but I'm more concerned that there might be some "rule" about not applying heat to hair right after it has been bleached/dyed because it will increase the damage or something hidden that I'm not aware of.
Dec 5, 2008, 12:58am   #4
your color won't be damaged. my hair dresser uses a straightening iron after she highlights (bleach) my hair.
Dec 5, 2008, 9:03am   #5
oh so fabuleuse
i would ask the hair dresser to make sure...if anything just have her straighten it for you.
Dec 5, 2008, 9:29am   #6
Opie, My Schmopie!!
I wouldn't straighten it myself, that's for sure. I'd leave that process up to my hairdresser. It's too risky, in my opinion.
Dec 5, 2008, 9:42am   #7
Love as thou wilt
Yeah, I would just have the hairdresser do it. S/he'll be sure to use product that will make it less damaging for your hair.
Dec 5, 2008, 10:19am   #8
Cowpoke
My hair is bleached all over - bleach blonde, haha....and I use a flat iron every day. I just make sure to use extra moisturizing shampoos and conditioners, and moisture serums.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar