Home Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar

Perfume from Marshalls/TJ Maxx, Ross & other discount stores

POST A REPLY

Oct 26, 2011, 3:55pm   #1
c
What's the deal with these perfumes? Are they old? I just saw a $62 bottle of perfume I just bought in macy's in Ross for $24. Hmmmmm.
Oct 26, 2011, 5:07pm   #2
Addict
Most of the time it's just overstock from other stores. Nothing is wrong with them and they aren't old.
Oct 26, 2011, 8:51pm   #3
M
Nope, they're perfectly fine. I've purchased perfumes from TJ Maxx and Marshalls many times and never had an issue. The department store markup on perfumes is quite high.
Oct 27, 2011, 9:51am   #4
The 'belle is back!
I feel you, OP. My local TJ Maxx had a set of Prada perfume & lotion for about $30 less than what I had paid about 2 weeks ago for just the bottle of perfume.
Oct 27, 2011, 10:43am   #5
ive seen quite a few in my local TJs and the only reason i never got any is because they never had one of the ones i wanted. they usually always have elizabeth arden, elizabeth taylor, britney spears, perry ellis (for guys), juicy couture, paris hilton... and others that i cant remember but never anything interesting.
i wish mine carried the prada perfume!!
Oct 27, 2011, 2:52pm   #6
Girly Gear Head
I've never had any issues with perfumes from TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Ross. I have bought a LOT of perfumes from all those stores. They've all been great, and have lasted just as long as perfumes I've purchased from Dillard's or other dept stores.
Oct 27, 2011, 5:24pm   #7
I agree - absolutely fine! Usually just overstock. I have a pretty large perfume collection and many of the bottle were purchased from TJMaxx/Marshals.
Oct 28, 2011, 2:14am   #8
I'm MARRIED!!
Another vote to a-okay perfume from these cheaper places!! Smells the same and much easier on the pockets. Woot woot!!
Oct 28, 2011, 8:56am   #9
k
The TJ Maxx here always has a ton of perfume - there was a bottle of LAMB that a friend wanted to try and at $15, why not.

I usually never buy any perfume there because it seems like the boxes are always ripped open from someone trying to get a wiff.
Jan 23, 2012, 5:07am   #10
s
There lots of online portals offering discount perfumes bottle of so many brands for men and women but i like the most is :
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.dealaboo.com
Jan 23, 2012, 8:40pm   #11
I've wondered myself, thanks for the feedback all! Now I can buy buy buy! :)
Jan 23, 2012, 9:00pm   #12
Epidemiologist
I never bought perfumes from there so I don't know if there is a difference in quality. All of my perfumes are gifts. I have maybe 30 different perfumes.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar