Home Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box

Lost earring post back - where to buy replacement?

POST A REPLY

Sep 2, 2009, 9:09pm   #1
My mom lost the back post to one of her earrings-I believe they are a screw-back post (is that the correct term?) Where is the best place to find and buy a replacement or replacement pair?
Sep 2, 2009, 9:40pm   #2
Fill the Giant Pig!
Your local jeweler will probably have them.
Sep 2, 2009, 9:44pm   #3
cat hoarder
Claire's sells packs of replacement backs.
Sep 2, 2009, 11:59pm   #4
b
Account Deactivated
try eBay
Sep 3, 2009, 6:18am   #5
Originally Posted by uhkiwi
My mom lost the back post to one of her earrings-I believe they are a screw-back post (is that the correct term?) Where is the best place to find and buy a replacement or replacement pair?
You didn't mention whether it is a nice pair of earrings (gold/diamonds) or a fashion pair.

For earrings that are not terribly expensive, I have had great luck finding backs online by doing a google search. There are a lot of companies that supply products for people that make and sell jewelry. For example, those clear plastic "stops" that you can put on the back of fishhook earrings. I bought a pack at Claire's once and got maybe 20. For the same price at a online supplier I was able to get 150.
Sep 3, 2009, 2:01pm   #6
^ They are an expensive pair of earrings and I believe she is looking for white gold screw-back posts
Sep 4, 2009, 7:01am   #7
t
then she should go to a jeweler
Sep 4, 2009, 5:37pm   #8
Nordstroms find jewlerty sells backs but I'm not sure if they sell the screw backs. You might want to call and ask. They are reasonable priced
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box