Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

does tofu go bad?

POST A REPLY

Aug 15, 2006, 3:14pm   #1
DRSM
~*LV/Balenciaga*~
i have some lite firm tofu in the fridge... expiration date is july 26.. so it's a bit old... do u think it's bad...?

i'm always scared of eating expired things, but with some of these foods... it's good for a while after the date...
Aug 15, 2006, 3:23pm   #2
IntlSet
Bonjour!
If it smells slightly sour, it probably has gone bad.
Aug 15, 2006, 3:24pm   #3
Danica
LOL! don't eat it!!! That was a few weeks ago, if it was a matter of a day or two, maybe.
Aug 15, 2006, 3:41pm   #4
thatasiantwang
I love handbags!
Please don't eat it! You'll get the runs.
Aug 15, 2006, 5:45pm   #5
Prada Psycho
If it is still sealed, open it up and give it a sniff. If you regularly eat tofu, your nose will tell you for SURE if it's OK or not. Those dates are guidelines for the grocery stores moreso than the consumers. While it is still a good practice to adhere to them, sometimes it's overkill and CYA from lawsuits.

Trust your nose!
Aug 16, 2006, 1:35am   #6
Blue_Butterfly
ProtectMeFrMyWants
I second that, smell it and it smells funky toss it. I heard too many horror stories about people eating food that's gone bad.
Aug 16, 2006, 6:14am   #7
Irissy
Balenciaga's lover
July 26? Throw it out! Tofus are cheap to buy. It's not worth it to get sick over. And plus tofu is very delicate and will spoil easily.
Aug 17, 2006, 2:33pm   #8
purexelegance
in the fast lane.
From experience, Tofu can spoil pretty quickly and when you cut it in half, it has a weird odor... so if you smell that, avoid it.

I made a whole dish from Tofu once and then when I sat down to eat it, I realized that it was spoiled. eeek.
Aug 20, 2006, 11:25am   #9
Sunnydqt
Sunny
Tofu does go bad indeed. Yeah just smell it and if it does smell sour you'll know it's gone bad.
Aug 23, 2006, 11:46pm   #10
poutine
anything past expiry, don't eat it! it is best to be safe than sorry!
Aug 24, 2006, 12:12pm   #11
batgirl0711
Account Deactivated
yes please dont eat something thats is THAT old...trust me, I know...I was sick for two weeks straight (couldn't eat anything) after having just a tiny bit of old stuffing...
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >