Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Ordering Thanksgiving Dinner from Whole Foods?

POST A REPLY

Nov 3, 2009, 12:48am   #1
socaltrojan
Cupcake L♥ver
This year I was thinking about ordering Thanksgiving dinner from Whole Foods.

For those of you who have done this before, was everything well seasoned? Did it taste good?

What would you recommend ordering from them?

My plan is to order the complete dinner package, but I am not sure if that will be the best option, so I am open to other suggestions.

I really want to know what your thoughts are on their Thanksgiving meals, so please share your experiences!
Nov 3, 2009, 6:54pm   #2
exotikittenx
Ooh la la!
Hmm, good question! Sorry, but I've never had their Thanksgiving meals... their other prepared food that I've had from their hot bar has been very good, though, and they seem to be quite conscious of using quality, wholesome ingredients. Hope that helps!
Nov 3, 2009, 7:52pm   #3
mielikki55
I tried it one year and it was ok. Some things were over seasoned (sweet potatoes with cinnamon) and others were kinda bland (gravy). But the one thing that I love (and admittedly not very healthy) is crispy turkey skin and the turkey skin was rather soggy. Most def does not taste like a home cooked dinner.
Nov 3, 2009, 9:00pm   #4
PANda_USC
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
My ex bf has it almost every year. You gotta order early because everything sells out fast. I would say Whole Food's Thanksgiving sets are pretty tasty, and no hassle(that's the best part), ^_^. Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, gotta get the Pumpkin pie!!!
Nov 3, 2009, 9:20pm   #5
petitechouchou
Giddy up!
Never tried it but I heard great things about the food for Thanksgiving
Nov 3, 2009, 10:15pm   #6
fashionistaO
Gatekeeper!
maybe will try it this year!
Nov 4, 2009, 12:03am   #7
PANda_USC
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
OP, you're a Trojan too?!?! What year? ^_^
Nov 4, 2009, 12:15am   #8
lorihmatthews
A taste for the arts
I have had their Thanksgiving dinner once and I thought it was super delicious!
Nov 5, 2009, 10:05pm   #9
tillie46
This will be the second Thanksgiving that we'll be ordering from Whole Foods. The food was really good last year, and the best part is...........no cooking!
Nov 8, 2009, 8:24pm   #10
socaltrojan
Cupcake L♥ver
Thanks for your input everyone!

I appreciate it.

After I order from them this year, I'll post a review.

I'd love to hear more experiences if anyone else has tried their meals.

BTW Panda yup I am a fellow Trojan! Fight On!
Nov 8, 2009, 8:40pm   #11
v
vhdos
I used to order my fresh turkeys from them every year, but the turkeys were always obviously frozen. I switched to Fresh Market for my turkey. I have always enjoyed Whole Foods other prepared foods though, so I'm sure their Thanksgiving meals are wonderful.
Nov 10, 2009, 12:47pm   #12
seton
Keeper of the Flame
tried it 2 yrs ago. the turkey was just ok. liked the salad.
Nov 11, 2009, 7:53pm   #13
f
floridagal23
I have ordered other holiday foods from WF and have liked it. You can probably specify if you want something different (like..turkey cooked a certain way, or sliced, or turkey seasoned less/more). I have found them to be pretty accomodating as long as you spell it out clearly ahead of time.
Nov 12, 2009, 10:17am   #14
tomz_grl
We get our uncooked turkey and other ingredients from there for Thanksgiving, but we do all the cooking at home. That's the part I enjoy most...cooking and watching the parades/football.
Nov 22, 2009, 5:21pm   #15
socaltrojan
Cupcake L♥ver
I tried some of there sides this week and I wanted to let you all know what I thought.

I really liked the apricot glazed yams I tried. They were delicious and would make a great addition to any Thanksgiving meal.

I also really liked the cornbread stuffing. It has shredded chicken in it that made it unique and taste extra special.

I tried the cinnamon squash and the roasted harvest vegetables. I thought these were pretty awful and I am glad I tried them before ordering them.

So I ended up ordering my turkey, gravy, cornbread stuffing, and the yams from WF. I will be cooking the rest.

I'll let ya know what everyone thinks of the stuff I ordered!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >