POST A REPLY

Feb 15, 2012, 4:41pm   #916
Originally Posted by LianaY
Hi, I have a question. What do you guys do with the care tags attached to the scarf,there is the designer name tag and the care tag that is longer that sticks out when the ends hang. Help.
I was wondering about this too!
Feb 15, 2012, 4:43pm   #917
Originally Posted by r6girl2005
Can't wait to see it!

I got this one http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/us/e...ULL-SCARF.aspx

She showed me some of the fashion flower skull scarfs and I soooooo wanted to spend the extra money on one (several actually) but I think I'm going to wait to see if they go on sale.
Adore that color! I saw a similar one when I was shopping for mine - but the skull print wasn't as dark so it was hard to make out.
Feb 15, 2012, 4:52pm   #918
Hi. I am wondering what you guys do with the care instructions tags that are attached to the scarves? I mean the designer name tag is ok but the care instructions tag that is attached to it just too big and sticks out a lot when I am wearing it. Do you cut them off?
Feb 15, 2012, 6:56pm   #919
Living the dream...
Originally Posted by jamamcg

I leave mine on the scarf they don't bother me
I do too...I'd be afraid to try and remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
Feb 15, 2012, 7:22pm   #920
My new McQueen scarf to honor the two year anniversary of Lee's death

I wanted this scarf ever since i saw it in the boutique and watched HOME. limited edition earth skull scarf designed for the HOME campaign. it is the softest cotton i have ever felt
Feb 15, 2012, 9:03pm   #921
AMAZING!!! Where did you get that beauty? I think I saw one floating on eBay. I'd love to see some mod shots of you wearing your scarves!

My new McQueen scarf to honor the two year anniversary of Lee's death

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...skullscarf.jpg

I wanted this scarf ever since i saw it in the boutique and watched HOME. limited edition earth skull scarf designed for the HOME campaign. it is the softest cotton i have ever felt
Feb 15, 2012, 9:55pm   #922
really
Originally Posted by zodiac_thr
it is just different material
the small fringes are pashmina
rolled edges are silk
Ahhh. OK. Thank you.
Feb 15, 2012, 11:40pm   #923
Yay! I got my Celadon/Pink skull scarf. It's a gorgeous mint green. I had also ordered an Autumn/Brown Leopard scarf and can you believe they sent me a white/black skull chiffon. Hello! The price difference is huge. The tag on it even said leopard scarf. So weird! You think they would CHECK the scarf before sending it. Thankfully Nordstrom is awesome and was able to locate one for me. They even expedited shipping and it should be here tomorrow :) Here is the Celadon one....

Feb 16, 2012, 7:43am   #924
AMAZING!!! Where did you get that beauty? I think I saw one floating on eBay. I'd love to see some mod shots of you wearing your scarves!
Yeah it's from eBay they still have a few left.( they are from a reseller and because I have seen it in person I knew it was authentic) there were only 200 made and whats special about it is the fact that the care instructions are printed on the scarf and not on a small tag :) . I don't like doing mod shots HAHA ( very self conscious) the closest thing I have to a mod shot is my avatar picture I'm crouching behind the stone holding my scarf in place :)
Feb 16, 2012, 8:02am   #925
Awe! No problem! I just wanted to see how a fashionable gentleman such as yourself wears his scarves.

Yeah it's from eBay they still have a few left.( they are from a reseller and because I have seen it in person I knew it was authentic) there were only 200 made and whats special about it is the fact that the care instructions are printed on the scarf and not on a small tag :) . I don't like doing mod shots HAHA ( very self conscious) the closest thing I have to a mod shot is my avatar picture I'm crouching behind the stone holding my scarf in place :)
Feb 16, 2012, 9:23am   #926
Awe! No problem! I just wanted to see how a fashionable gentleman such as yourself wears his scarves.
Aaaw how kind. thank you :)
Feb 16, 2012, 6:11pm   #927
not a kiwi!
Has anyone seen any scarves on sale?
Feb 18, 2012, 12:29pm   #928
h
I just bought the leopard pashmina in sand (it looks sort of greyish but the McQueen website calls it 'sand.') I'm feeling a bit guilty about it though because it was so expensive (£425) and I'm wondering if it's actually worth the money and if I should return it. I already have two Louis Vuitton leopard stoles which are more expensive than the McQueen one but I feel that the LV ones are more worth the money as they are thicker and longer, and seemingly less delicate. Should I just maybe wait and see if it goes in the sale? Selfridges never seems to sell out of them at full price so I'm wondering just how popular they are. I would love to hear people's thoughts to help me to decide what to do. TIA.
Feb 19, 2012, 7:30am   #929
Originally Posted by honeybunch
I just bought the leopard pashmina in sand (it looks sort of greyish but the McQueen website calls it 'sand.') I'm feeling a bit guilty about it though because it was so expensive (£425) and I'm wondering if it's actually worth the money and if I should return it. I already have two Louis Vuitton leopard stoles which are more expensive than the McQueen one but I feel that the LV ones are more worth the money as they are thicker and longer, and seemingly less delicate. Should I just maybe wait and see if it goes in the sale? Selfridges never seems to sell out of them at full price so I'm wondering just how popular they are. I would love to hear people's thoughts to help me to decide what to do. TIA.
A few people here have managed to get the leopard print on sale and since it's a fashion scarf it will go on sale again come the end of this season. The McQueen website, Matches and the Harvey Nichols website also sell it so I doubt it would sell out.
You might be best to return it since it's horrible to see something in sale which you paid alot more for and especially if your not sure it's worth the full price.
Feb 19, 2012, 8:26am   #930
I've never seen the leopard pashmina's on sale here, though the leopard silks did go on sale this year.

I got my leopard pash last year, instead of one of the Vuitton leopards, just because I think it's rarer seen (not to say the Vuitton leopards aren't wonderful) Speaking with the SA's none made it through to the sales last year, but they released new colours this year, as well as reissuing the original colour so there may have been more about?

It's really, really warm and I still love it!

Having said that, if you're not loving it, then perhaps best return? Good luck!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe Wardrobe Accessories