POST A REPLY

Aug 18, 2012, 5:48pm   #916
Snatched the sale scarf from forward.com! And I love it so much. Adds the perfect edge to my outfits!
Attached Images

Aug 19, 2012, 3:37am   #917
Has anyone ever had their scarf dry cleaned? I have a black/white one that I feel could do with a little refresh!
Aug 19, 2012, 4:54am   #918
p
Hi, Ive been wanting to buy one for sometime, since I live in europe and I dont have any nearby retailer, their online site seems to have the most affordable prices with shipping included. Does anyone know any other online site with reasonable prices that ship to EU. I checked out Harrods but their, shipping is 20 pounds. Thanks
Aug 19, 2012, 8:21am   #919
Originally Posted by pintojak
Hi, Ive been wanting to buy one for sometime, since I live in europe and I dont have any nearby retailer, their online site seems to have the most affordable prices with shipping included. Does anyone know any other online site with reasonable prices that ship to EU. I checked out Harrods but their, shipping is 20 pounds. Thanks
You can look at Net a porter and Luisaviaroma they ship to Europe and I believe Luisaviaroma is free shipping also look at Harvey Nichols, but I think their shipping is quite high, also look at Matches hope these help
Aug 19, 2012, 9:54am   #920
p
Hi, thanks a lot, now I just cant decide on a plum or navy version.
Aug 19, 2012, 10:13pm   #921
J
Originally Posted by HHPmom
I got this McQueen silk scarf for 70% off at Saks today (orig. price = $625). Last week it was $318 and take additional 25% off = $238. Today it's $250 and take additional 25% off = $187.50.
Congratz to u...
Aug 19, 2012, 10:15pm   #922
J
Originally Posted by glamourdoll.
Purchased an ivory one today! These are addictive..
Wish having one also
Aug 20, 2012, 10:18am   #923
I suggest hand washing; save yourself the money

I have tips here on post #889.

Originally Posted by annaspanna33
Has anyone ever had their scarf dry cleaned? I have a black/white one that I feel could do with a little refresh!
Sep 5, 2012, 2:11pm   #924
Bag Stalker
Do any of you ladies own the cashmere/silk blend leopard skull scarf? I'm debating between it and the LV leopard one. I like the McQ scarf more but the LV one is much bigger. I've only found the McQ for sale at NET-A-PORTER and I really want to try it on & touch before buying
Sep 5, 2012, 10:39pm   #925
loves pink!!!
Originally Posted by BagsNBaubles
Do any of you ladies own the cashmere/silk blend leopard skull scarf? I'm debating between it and the LV leopard one. I like the McQ scarf more but the LV one is much bigger. I've only found the McQ for sale at NET-A-PORTER and I really want to try it on & touch before buying
I was wondering the same thing! I'm not a huge fan of skulls but I found a pic of a blogger wearing a very simple outfit but the McQueen skull scarf was such a nice pop against her outfit! Also, I was disappointed by the "feel" of the LV leopard scarf - was expecting it to be much softer for the price.

Here's the inspiration pic:
Attached Images

Sep 5, 2012, 10:47pm   #926
loves pink!!!
Originally Posted by smiley13tree
Snatched the sale scarf from forward.com! And I love it so much. Adds the perfect edge to my outfits!
OMG you have totally enabled me! And it's still available at the sale price! Debating whether to get it or not. Is it soft?
Sep 5, 2012, 10:50pm   #927
Bag Stalker
Originally Posted by jellybebe
I was wondering the same thing! I'm not a huge fan of skulls but I found a pic of a blogger wearing a very simple outfit but the McQueen skull scarf was such a nice pop against her outfit! Also, I was disappointed by the "feel" of the LV leopard scarf - was expecting it to be much softer for the price.

Here's the inspiration pic:
Was it just too lightweight or it wasn't soft enough? They are both 70cash/30silk so I imagine the McQueen would be similar. I feel like a crazy person for even considering spending $700 on a scarf but I'm scared to wait for a sale if it's exclusive just to one store... might sell out and then I'd be crying in my pillow.
Sep 5, 2012, 11:08pm   #928
loves pink!!!
Originally Posted by BagsNBaubles

Was it just too lightweight or it wasn't soft enough? They are both 70cash/30silk so I imagine the McQueen would be similar. I feel like a crazy person for even considering spending $700 on a scarf but I'm scared to wait for a sale if it's exclusive just to one store... might sell out and then I'd be crying in my pillow.
Maybe I'm crazy but the LV scarf felt the tiniest bit... Scratchy. I think that I will need to wait til I'm back in civilization and can feel/compare both scarves in person. I also feel slightly nuts realizing that I'm contemplating dropping $800 for a scarf.
Sep 5, 2012, 11:15pm   #929
Bag Stalker
Originally Posted by jellybebe
Maybe I'm crazy but the LV scarf felt the tiniest bit... Scratchy. I think that I will need to wait til I'm back in civilization and can feel/compare both scarves in person. I also feel slightly nuts realizing that I'm contemplating dropping $800 for a scarf.
Haha, you might be my enablement buddy! If you live in Canada you'll get lots of use out of it, that's what I'm telling myself anyways. I'm always cold so maybe purse priced scarves will be my new thang
Sep 6, 2012, 7:43am   #930
l
Ahhh McQueen scarves, probably my favourite thing in the world! I currently have two.

Fair Isle Skull Scarf

and my God Save McQueen which I have to say was a BARGAIN. I bought it in the Matches sale in January for 140! Couldn't believe it, been wanting a r/w/b one for years but they were never in the sale!

Contemplating my third, but not sure what to get as I want a brighter scarf for this winter. Leaning towards a burberry check but not sure if I want a pashmina ivory/black skull scarf.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe Wardrobe Accessories